the pit.

"You shanks saw what I saw!" I wake up to the sound of Gally yelling. No surprise there really. "There's no other option we have to let her go or keep her locked up." He says and my vision finally cleared. I'm in the med shack yet again and I huff.

"Did I faint again? I swear if I come in here one more time..." I say and try to move but then I looked down and I noticed I'm restrained. "What the hell?" I say moving trying to get unhooked. I looked to Newt who has his head down. "Newt? What's wrong? What did I do?" I say tears welling in my eyes. It's not a very comforting feeling being trapped to a chair in a room of what looks like very guilty and angry boys.

"Y/n..." Alby started.

"You transformed into someone who got stung by a griever but...stranger somehow. Like you were in control." Minho says. He seems to be the only one in the room who isn't pissed or not looking at me. He seems almost curious.

"I don't understand? I wasn't. I don't remember anything? I don't even know what someone looks like when they get stung?" I say.

"Well when Gally was going to help you up y/n your veins turned black, your iris were gone, fully dark, then you pushed Gally off of you and he went flying. It's like you had this unatural strength to you." Alby says.

"Speed too." Minho adds. "You went to go attack Gally again but then you noticed the others and started chasing the other boys around. Alby got you good though in the back of your head before you could've hurt anyone." He states and when he brought that up I started to feel the sting at the back of my head.

"Listen... I'm sorry really. Gally I'm really really sorry. I didn't know. I don't even remember. Really I'm sorry." I say to Gally but he isn't even looking at me anymore. He's upset but he also looks like he feels ashamed. Alby looks at me with pity. Minho with  curiosity and Newt doesn't even look at me at all. I took a big gulp. "What's going to happen to me?" I say remembering the small conversation I heard that woke me up.

"That's something we haven't decided yet. On one hand keeping you here is extremely dangerous to the other gladers but on the other hand you seem almost normal now like nothing even happened. It would be wrong to just let you go out into the maze without any protection, to isolate you." Alby says and I see Newt look at me now for the first time. I catch his look but he looks down again.

"After last night I'll doubt she'll need it." Minho says. "I suggest we make her a runner as planned. Keeps her apart of the glade but gone most of the day so if something does happen I'll just leave her in the maze before it closes." He says bluntly which hurts my feelings that they would leave me out there but then I remember it really isn't me. It's something within me they need to keep away from the others. Which I can understand more doesn't take away my hurt feelings though.

"I have to disagree." Gally finally speaks up and I roll my eyes. Almost every time he talks it seems to be against me. "I think she's a threat, best thing to do is put her in the pit for an indefinite amount of time to see if it happens again." Gally says and without thinking I reply:

"Fuck you. Yesterday all you want to talk about is how you're misunderstood and now you want to lock me up for being misunderstood? Look I get it you're scared but so am I. You can't just fucking keep me in a cage like some animal until you see it happen again! That could take days...months..years!! I could be out there helping Minho instead of rotting away because you're all pussies. Make me a runner or kill me. I'd rather die than be a circus animal." I say breathlessly. The boys all look at me in shock then Alby looked at Neet.

"Well? You usually have an opinion. Care to share it?" He says. Newt looks up at me his expression guilty and I feel my stomsch drop.

"I'm sorry love, really I am but... I think it's better if you stay in the pit for now." He says and his words hit me like a wrecking ball.