XXVI

Rey's Pov

My nose twitched, from the cool breeze. It was half numb from the treacherous path to the top of the hill. It was night time, the once lit island where porgs tweeted and flapped their wings fell silent during the suns slumber. It was as if the island was telling me that something, as if this was the silence before the storm.

My heart began to beat a faster tempo in my chest. I clutched my cloak tightly with my hands, inhaling slowly to slow down the rate.

Why must luke call me now? My thoughts wandered, beginning to think the imaginable. My thoughts racing, the voices grew louder of worry. My eyes closed shut, with a small hum they fell silent. My body swayed, holding on tightly to the entrance of the cavern. I had made it.

Luke's voice emerged from the darkness, "Rey"

My eyes opened, the night stars twinkled from above, creating a reflection on luke's silhouette.  He body stood out amongst the darkness, indicating his importance in the galaxy.

"Luke," I paused, "you wanted to see me."

His body remained still, his back turned from me. Resting, legs crossed, facing the water. My breath shook with anticipation, what was he to say?

"There is a new jedi" he breathed, allowing silence to react as my response.  "You will have to train him what I trained you... the fight has just begun." He paused, "Coruscant is the key".

"Master Luke- I am not ready. I've learned little compared to what there is in the universe."

Luke turned his head towards me. I could only make out his sullen eyes, which twinkled with hope.
"Rey" he smiled, "Your time has come"

"Master!"

Before I could finish my thought, his body disappeared into the night, his cloak falling onto the pedestal where he once stood.

...

It had been months since the passing of Master Luke. It had seemed the entire galaxy had lost its light in this never ending battle against The Order. The Order grew more powerful, and hungry for blood lust. General Hux was now a chancellor, he is stationed in Coruscant an old city that had whispers of jedi's stories once told. The Order has now appeared almost unstoppable, under the new chancellor and the new Admiral, the hunt for the extinction of the rebellion had grown in numbers, half of our men destroyed. Nothing was left untouched, and no one was safe from their power. Members of the resistance were publicly killed via saber guillotine. Creating a mockery of what we once stood for. I was torn, I was to be the last hope but there was no hope to be found.

I took a deep breath slowly feeling my body growing heavier as it was gently placed onto the ground. I had been practicing meditation to calm my nerves down, ever since I found out that Finn was force sensitive the burden of becoming the last two jedi in the galaxy haunted me. At times i can hear Luke's voice whispering in my ears, faintly. Yet I can never understand what he's trying to tell me.

I opened my eyes, placing my hand over my forehead, blocking the sun from view. The animals chirps echoed through the wind, while the trees rustled. All that was left of the resistance was on this planet.

"Rey?" A voice called out in the distance.

Leaved rustled loudly as the footsteps came closer. A small humming grew, finally revealing bb-8 and his companion Poe.

"Poe," I spoke, "I'm in the middle of meditating."

Poe paused, "You still hear him? Don't you..."

My eyes looked up at his brown eyes. They were soft, but had a sense of defeat. Dark circles laid under his eyes, I knew he felt the same amount of stress that I do.