Hyung?

(part 5)

Sitting silently, gulping nervously and looking elsewhere, Mi-Joo tried to ignore JungKook's deep stares over her.
A deep sigh escaped her mouth as she looked down and fiddled with her fingers, nervousness flowed through her as she thought about how to escape this situation.

On the other hand, JungKook kept on staring at her. The more she tried not to meet his eyes the more he glared at her. His eyes never left her, finally having enough of this she got up from the chair and stood in front of him.
JungKook, still seated on his chair moved his gaze towards her.

' Will you please for god's sake stop staring at me?!', Mi-Joo requested or more like begged him as her hands rested over her waist.
She sighed and pushed back some hair from her forehead, all that nervousness was making her sweat.

JungKook didn't say anything and kept quiet, he planned on staring at her till she finally tells him the truth. Thought maybe his glares will make her anxious enough to spit it all out.

' Look, that day you scared me, so I disappeared', she spoke, telling him the truth. But it didn't made any sense to him of course.
JungKook furrowed his brows, he looked at her and tilted his head.
' So you are saying you come here cause of me and you leave cause me? Does that even make any sense?', he finally replied, breaking out of silent treatment zone, he talked back to her, slightly pissed.

' I know it doesn't but you gotta believe me!'
' And why should I ?', JungKook shot her a questioning look.
She understood that he didn't trust her. Sitting back in her seat she joined her hands and looked down, thinking about how to explain to him the stuff that she herself doesn't understand.

' JungKookah...where are you?', a weak voice was heard from the other room. It was obviously Jimin, he called for JungKook right after gaining his consciousness.
JungKook swiftly got up and ran into the room, getting curious, Mi-Joo followed him. She was still very nervous, she should stop entangling herself with people of the other world but it was her fate...

' Jimin Hyung! Are you okay?', JungKook exclaimed and ran towards him. He helped him sit up and stared at him with concern.
Jimin looked at JungKook and nodded, then his gaze went towards Mi-Joo.

He was too stunned to see her that he stopped breathing for a while. His eyes darted around as he stared at her in dismay. He didn't know how to feel...he didn't know what to feel...

Finally breathing out he spoke, ' Are you Jung Mi-Joo?'.
Mi-Joo nodded and got inside the room, she stood near Jimin's bed.
JungKook wasn't very happy with her being there. He was still very pissed and annoyed at her, he had no idea what to do with that girl...it was getting on his nerves.

' Do you know me?', she asked Jimin. Her eyes staring into his...for a very long time. She thought she had seen him some where...those eyes...seemed unforgettable...

' Yes, you probably forgot me. But I remember everything about you...', Jimin confessed.
JungKook looked at him, he had no idea what was going on, earlier when Jimin was telling his connection with Mi-Joo, he suddenly collapsed and now Mi-Joo was in front of him...was it all just a coincidence? Mi-Joo didn't know what to say.
Was it even possible?

After a while, Jimin felt better, he decided to tell everything he knew.
He asked Mi-Joo to take a seat on the chair beside his bed. JungKook was sitting on the corner of the bed. His hands clenched onto the sheets as his insecurities and anxiousness flowed through him.
Jimin slowly moved his hands towards Mi-Joo's. He held her hand and caressed it.

' 15 years ago, when JungKook's parents were murdered. I was very scared, I witnessed the murder back then...I ran away. I'm sorry JungKook, I know I should have helped you...'
JungKook smiled at him and said, ' Hyung, it's alright, really. Don't let the past get to you anymore...', he patted the elder's back as the latter just smiled at him and nodded.