★彡01|17 - "Are you going to tell Fairy Godmother?"彡★

Y/n's eyes shot up from the paper as soon as she heard the nearing footsteps. Her brows furrowed at the newcomer as soon as she realized who it was.

"Hi," Carlos said shyly, his eyes trained to the ground. "May I sit?"

Y/n stuffed the prophecy into her pocket, pulling her things towards her to make room on the table. "Sure," she answered quietly, not looking at the boy as he did so.

"I'm... I'm sorry."

"For what?"

Carlos sighed. "For... everything. If you have any questions, I'm willing to answer them."

Y/n swallowed. "Just so we're on the same page here — did you give Prince Ben a love potion? The cookies?"

Carlos nodded, embarrassed of the truth. "Yes."

Y/n finally looked up just as Carlos did the same. The girl quickly glanced away from his eyes, focusing on the furry collar of his jacket instead. "Why?"

Carlos sighed. "It's.. It's complicated." He glanced at the girl, his eyes widening as he realized how it had sounded. "But I'll try to explain it anyway!" He took a deep breath. "I— We were invited to Auradon so we could have a chance at a better life. Our parents saw it as a chance to get their lives back. Their old lives where they ruled with fear and terror."

Y/n nodded, encouraging him to keep going.

"It was Maleficent who decided we have to bring Fairy Godmother's wand back to her so the barrier could be taken down. And since only Ben's family and his girlfriend can sit near the coronation..."

Y/n swallowed, the situation slowly dawning on her. "Tell me this, Carlos... Were you planning to use the love potion on me, too? So your parents could use me to take over the North?"

"What? No," Carlos shook his head. "Well, Mal proposed it after you caught on to us but..."

Y/n smiled. "Thank you." She stood up, gathering her things.

Carlos' eyes widened. "Are you going to tell Fairy Godmother?"

Y/n paused. "What is love, if not having faith?" The second line from the prophecy echoed in her head as she came to a conclusion. "No, I don't think so."

Carlos let out a relieved sigh.

"It doesn't seem to me that you have been my friends in order to use me later," Y/n went on. "So even if it is the wrong thing to do, I make the decision to trust you here, Carlos."

Carlos managed a smile, going to hug the girl before reconsidering and retreating back to his side of the table. "Thank you, Y/n, really."

"I trust that I won't regret that decision."

Carlos' expression darkened a tad. "I can't promise you that."

Y/n smiled sadly. "I know."