★彡01|19 - "Friends help each other, don't they?"彡★

Fairy Godmother inspected the slip of paper once more before looking up at the girl. "Y/n, dear, this is an old prophecy," she said. "It must've been under the school for centuries before someone found it."

The girl blinked in surprise. "You don't believe me?"

"I'm just saying that it might be wrong."

"But the Woodcarver Witch talked with my mother, didn't she?"

"Yes, but wasn't she a bit..." Fairy Godmother trailed off, drawing circles at her temple.

Y/n wanted to huff but sighed instead. If she won't help me I'll find out myself. "I understand, Fairy Godmother." She turned to leave the room.

"Y/n," Fairy Godmother called.

"Yes?"

The woman gave her a small smile. "I think it's best if you don't worry about it anymore."

The girl smiled. "I won't," she lied.

☞♦♢♦☜

"Power could also mean confidence, right?" the girl muttered to herself, scribbling the thought down on the paper in front of her. She sighed, leaning back.

She'd been brainstorming for a while now and, as school was over for the week, she found it alright to use her time that way in the furthest corner of the library. Hesitantly, her eyes trailed to the bookcase that led to the tunnels under the school.

Last time she hadn't gotten to explore nor did she notice if there were any other tunnels branching from the one that led her to the room. Warily, she looked around, before packing the paper neatly into her bag and switching it for a flashlight.

Listening for any footsteps around, she inched towards the bookcase. Then, she heard a familiar voice. "Y/n, there you are!"

The girl in question spun around, hiding the flashlight behind her back. "Hey, Lonnie."

The daughter of Mulan smiled, clueless of her friend's situation. "I was wondering if you'd be up to spar a little."

Y/n's eyes flitted back to the bookcase for a second. "Lonnie, I don't think..."

"Come on, please!"

Y/n sighed, smiling as she gave in. "Sure."

☞♦♢♦☜

"So what's on your mind?" Lonnie asked, dodging a jab at her right shoulder.

"Hm?" Y/n let out, squatting under Lonnie's blade.

"You're distracted."

Y/n scoffed, swiping at Lonnie's feet as soon as she noticed an opening in the other girl's defense. "Am I?"

Lonnie jumped. "Not at the moment, no, but something's been off since the day you stormed back in from the library, blabbering on about magic powers and such."

Y/n sighed, lowering her blade limply so it grazed the ground of the meadow Lonnie used for training. "I found a prophecy, Lonnie. In tunnels under the school."

"What?"

"It said that a girl, who is a country's legacy, would either break it or make it stronger," Y/n went on, summing it up.

"And you think you're the one?"

"My mother was once visited by the one who spoke the prophecy," Y/n explained. "And... There was one part that mentioned power being the place of my embassy."

"You think it's superpowers?"

Y/n shrugged, looking at the more than baffled Lonnie. "At first I was certain it would mean superpowers. Now I'm not so sure."

Lonnie nodded. "It could also mean confidence or something like that, right?"

"Right."

"Woah," Lonnie let out, plopping down to the ground after she put her sword away. "We should figure this out."

Y/n looked up in surprise. "We?"

"Of course!" Lonnie smiled. "Friends help each other, don't they?"

Y/n's eyes widened, four faces flitting through her mind. "What is bravery, if not testing your own fate? What is love, if not having faith?" Then she smiled, coming to a decision. "Yes, they do."