★彡02|15 - "I won't ever be safe, Asher."彡★

"We should tell your mom," Asher stated, leaning against a bookshelf in Fairy Godmother's office.

"No way," Y/n shut the idea down. "We'll have to go back home if you do that."

"It's safer there," Asher said blankly, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Who's to say the Red Queen won't attack in the forests there, too? Or in the park?" the princess of the North argued, standing up from her chair in frustration. "There's a lot more people here as it is over there in the castle so the attacks are even more probable there, Ash."

"But you'd be near the royal guard."

"I can't just keep hiding for forever!"

"Not for forever, princess, until you're—"

"I won't ever be safe, Asher," Y/n cut in, her eyes somewhat saddening as she emphasised the words with a mask of anger. "That's the entire reason the royal guard exists! And that's the reason I want to stay here — while I'm still young, while I don't have that much responsibility because once I am the queen of the North, I'll have to start solving conflicts and worrying day and night! And yes, I know this is probably playing right into the hands of the Red Queen but I can't let opportunities slip out of my hands because I'm afraid." The girl's stance softened as she took a step back. "I know you made a promise to my mom, Asher, but give me just one more chance."

The blond boy sighed. Fairy Godmother took the moment to pipe up. "I propose it would be best for you two to stay at Auradon Prep, but with a few changes. It is up to what you two agree on, of course, but the changes could be, for example, not going out to the sports fields unless there's a bigger event and a lot of people, not going out of the campus alone, not going out at all for a few hours before curfew." She turned to the girl firmly. "Y/n, as long as you're in between these walls, you will be safe."

Asher bit the inside of his cheek in thought, not meeting the hopeful eyes of his childhood best friend for a while. Finally, he let out another sigh. "Fine, I won't tell Queen Merida. However," he emphasised before Y/n could start celebrating. "You will not go to the sports grounds unless you're with me."

"Or with anyone else?" Y/n tried proposing but Asher shook his head.

"With me. As of right now, I'm responsible for you and that is the best deal you'll get." He made eye contact with the girl. "You do understand that this is for your own benefit, right?"

Y/n sighed. "Alright. No going out of campus grounds without you."

"And no breaking curfew," Asher added.

"Ash—"

"Or I'll tell your mum."

Y/n shoulders slumped. "Fine, whatever."

"Great," Fairy Godmother smiled. "I'll now contact King Ben — don't worry, nobody else will know — and we'll send somebody to scout out the forests."

"Thank you, Fair Godmother," Asher said, bowing his head lightly in respect before grabbing Y/n's shoulder and walking her out the door.

"I can walk by myself, thank you," Y/n hissed, ripping her shoulder out of her friend's grasp as soon as they were out the door.

Asher put up his hands in surrender, backing away along the hallway. "Then walk as you wish," he mused, turning to walk normally before pausing again and turning back with a small smile. "But don't make me put a tracker on you, princess."

Y/n chuckled, saluting to the boy. "Yes, sir."