I am sorry for being such a child ....

The next day I was called for breakfast and of course I abided by the rules and went downstairs to see what they wanted from me. However when I got there the first thing I saw my cutlery which was for children. Not only was this absurd but I felt as of the head chief in the kitchen was doing this without any respect at all.

Pfff.    ...     .....

Now I know why Penelope would always eat in her room....

Even rotten food was better than no food at all.

Can't even cut the meat woth that knife and what is that fork... Am I a baby?

Looking at the others, I could tell that I was the only one with that problem and you know what? Screw table manners! I had bread and an omelette. It was enough to eat with my finger after I put the omelette on the bread. Of course everyone looked at me as if I was crazy and it also had to be brother Reynold who had to tell me his rude and demanding opinion.

Reynold: What are you 5? At least know your place at the table.

Me: Oh yes I am.

Isn't it obvious with the cutlery I have in front of me.

Are you blind?

Or are you all ignorant not to see them?

Let me help you all.

I grabbed my knife after I put down my bread kinda sandwich down and stabbed the table with all the might I had so that the damn knife would stuck and stand up.

Me: Oh my bad. It seems as if I didn't know how to handle my knife well.

Derrick was gulping at this point since he knew exactly that I could have done something seriously bad with that knife. I had shown him what I could do with a sword and now I had a knife which was not even sharp at all and it was standing up soo badly.

Derrick: Servants what is that supposed to be?

He looked at my cutlery only after I did something like that. They all looked at the knife that was standing up even the duke.

Duke: Someone bring me the person responsible for this mess! NOW!

Since the maids and the kitchen staff were all standing there on the side it didn't take long for the head chief to appear in front of the duke completely ignoring me. I was used to it. There was nothing that I could do...well I could play a bit more mad but right now I knew where the line was and I shouldn't step over it or my dear adoptive father wouldn't forgive me at all.

Servant: It was a mistake. Please forgive me.

Duke: Bring some new ones immediately.

Servant: Yes, of course.

I couldn't believe my ears there was no consequences at all. This just shows how much they cared for Penelope, for me.

Me: ... Did you know that this was happening ever since I came here? Did you all ignored it or was it just an accident. I don't believe the later one.

The next time the servant rushed over to actually give me some new cutlery, I decided to refuse eating with it. After all I did make myself a nice sandwich and ate it with some bacon on the side. They all looked at me but they all also let me be.

I think I had shown them for the very first time that I had enough and that I was by far no joke at all. Of course, however, there was this one brother who actually had to talk back.

Reynold: Penelope mind your manners!

Derrick: Leave her be.

Duke: Penelope, how do you like it?

Me: Better than rotten food. Though I am not that picky.

Duke: What do you mean by that.

Me: Why not ask my servant? Why not ask any servant?

I think this made it clear that I didn't intend to talk more about this but in fact waited for the real reason why they had called me down to eat with them. Of course I liked eating real food a lot more than the rotten bread and cold leftovers.