Yes your higness!

Callisto: Do you even know what you are getting yourself into?

Me: Everything is better than staying there.

Callisto: Was it that bad?

Me: I would rather be an orphan without anything then to go back there. Is that an answer enough?

Callisto: What did they do to you?

When he asked, I decided to show him the needle marks on my arm which I had carefully hidden. Not only that but everyone could see that I was more than just thin. My hands were really skeleton like while my body looked quite alright. My skin was quite pale which showed a lack of nutritions too. It didn't take to be a doctor to know that I was by far not healthy at all.

Callisto: What the hell!

Me: This is something my maid did to me. I would get rotten food and children cutlery so I couldn't eat anything of the dining table. There was no one I could tell this.

Callisto: For how long?

Me: Ever since Reynold falsly accused me of stealing Ivonnes stuff. I was illiterate at that time and had no idea how much the necklace which I had supposedly stolen was worth. No one believed me and now everyone calls me the mad dog and the false daughter. The soldiers are waiting for me to get kicked out and I am there all alone.

Callisto: Hmpf.....

Me: I am sorry... but what I said is true. I do like you a lot and I hoped you can help me.

Callisto: Why do you think I would help you?

Me: Because you are not as bloodthirsty and mad as they say. I am not mad too. I know that look in your eyes. You are just fighting to survive and I want to help you. 

Callisto: We will see about that.

Me: Test me, kill me, do what you want with me. It's better than staying there.

My resolve was really final and after I said that I felt the heavy atmosphere around us. There was nothing I could do and it was already quite late as well. We did had some way to go with the carriage and my eyes were just feeling soo heavy all of the sudden. I kinda felt really safe and before I knew it, I fell asleep.

Callisto's POV:

Whar is she thinking?

Why would any normal person appraoch me?

Isn't she scared of me?

There were soo many questions in my head but no answer to them. She could be a spy send by my mother. However there was also the slight chance that she was honest with me and that she really loved me. I didn't know why but it made me happy thinking that it could be true. I couldn't believe her for now though. I had too much layed out and being at stake here. She was skilled and I could tell that since she could have easily killed me and yet she did nothing but put her life back into my hands.

Was she insane?

Was it me who lost it?

It was just too much for me for now. I knew I had to find a way to test her or watch her but for now it was more important to get away from there. While we were in the carriage, I started hearing some faint breathing and looked over to her. She seemed to have fallen asleep but her face looked pale and she seemed to have a nightmare as well.

Me: Penelope?

Nothing.

Me: Penelope!

Again nothing.

Me: PENELOPE!

I tried shaking her but nothing happened and that was when I put my hand on the wound to see if it was deep or if there was a problem with it. Her body might have gone into a state of shock but it was worse. She was burning up and I knew that the higher her temperature was the fatal it could get.

Me: Damn it!

Of course I was not about to risk her life for nothing withotu knowing if her feelings were true or not. This was why I stopped the coachman and took a horse from him and rode on horse to my palace and rushed in summoning the doctor to come over and inspect her while putting her into my room. 

This was soo not me but I felt anxious for the very first time just seeing her like that.

This was soo weird.

I never felt like this before at all.

What had she done to me?