The visit!

We couldn't really leave matters as they were and so Callisto made some preparation while I was still in the rose garden just relaxing before picking me up. This was how we got to the Eckharts mansion quite in a hurry but no one should think he was mistreating me. No in the contrary, I had the finest dress on and some jewelry he had put around my neck without me asking for it. He then also had given me the earrings to put on myself before we actually arrived at the Eckharts mansion. The set was beautiful and I didn't wanted to wear them but he insisted on it soo badly.

Anyways, when we got out of the carriage, I was meet with my brother Derrick.

Derrick: Pene-

Me: Where is the duke?

Derrick: .... in the study.

He was avoiding my eyes and my tone while I spoke to him was cold as well. I didn't intended to come back at all. I wanted to be there with Callisto and this was my chance to tell my family all about it. After all it was not as if weeks haven't passt already.

Callisto: I will have a talk with your brother my dear. You go and talk to your father.

Me: I'll be back soon.

Callisto: Don't worry about time.

The butler Pennel lead me to the study room of my father and sure enough I found the man sitting there but when I entered he hurried over to the two sofa's in front of his desk for any visiters.

Duke: How have you been Penelope?

Me: Better than staying here.

Duke: ....

Me: I won't take much of your time. I only came because I want you to know that I am happy with Callisto. He is treating me nice and I feel safer ther than here.

Duke: Do you even know what you are talking about?

Me: I do.

Duke: You will be the crown princess.

Me: Yes and one for the blood thirsty prince.

Duke: I can't let you become the crown princess.

Me: Why not?

Duke: It's too dangerous to be around him. He can kill you at any times.

Me: Not him but his mother.

Duke: What do you mean?

Me: All the time I was together with Callisto his mother called me over so that I would become a pawn in her hand but you know what I did?

Duke: You refused.

Me: Yes and do you know what happened next?

Duke: ... she did not ....

Me: Oh she did send over someone to poison me and I nearly died. It was Callisto who saved me and who is taking care of me father.

Duke: ....

Me: Father, I love him. I don't care what you say or if you throw me out of this family but I am happy with him.

Duke: I see... I hoped I could bring you back home.

Me: Home? No, my home is not here.

Duke: I am so sorry. I know what we did is not right but if you can find it in your heart, can you please forgive us?

Me: Forgive and forget huh....

Duke: I know it won't make up for anything.

Me: You are right but there is a favor you can do for me instead.

Duke: Anything dear.

Me: Support Callisto.

Duke: ... and make the Crown prince even more powerful?

Me: He needs the support and I need someone backing me up. If you want me to forgive you, then respect my wish to be together with him.

Duke: I will... I will Penelope. You are an Eckhart and part of this family after all.

Me: Thank you...

After our little talk we did enjoy some tea together and my father started to ask question about how I was being treated and how he was doing and I honestly replied him to all the questions. Callisto was a man who was treasuring me and he was not only worried and gentle towards me but he was paying attention too soo many things around me after that poisening incident. I mean I was no spy and I knew that but seeing me getting poisoned and warning him as well made him realize that. Which spy would take their own life after all and then frame their master? It was obvious who did it and no one was soo blind to ignore that.

Before I could leave the room however the door was opened and Callisto came in. He seemed to be nervous which made me wonder what he wanted to tell my father, the duke.

 He seemed to be nervous which made me wonder what he wanted to tell my father, the duke