The invitation...my chance at last!

It took a while till the duke and the others started talking. I already knew that there had to be a reason why I was here sitting at the same table as them.

Patience!

Don't lash out on them!

Just patience...

He will tell me the reason why I am here sooner or later for sure.

I wonder though.

It can't be because of yesterday.... Ah who cares this food is really good.

Ahhh I had forgotten how it felt to eat real food.

I could cry right now.

No matter how hard I was thinking about it, I highly doubted that I was here for no reason at all. Reynold hated me and just looking at him, I could see the hate and the anger reflecting back at me. Yeah... How else should it have been? This guy is one of the reasons why I was so miserable.

Me: Reynold.... Why not look in a mirror? I am sure it might break at your very own image in it.

Reynold: Oh yeah...you don't look better.

Me: I meant your anger issues. Don't reflect it on me. I haven't done anything to you. Though look at you framing me for stealing that necklace and Ivonnes place. Do you even know that I am treated like a slave here?

Reynold: A slave? Don't joke! How can a slave buy soo much?

Me: How can an aristocrat eat rotten food, be served children's cutlery, get stabbed by needles each and every night by her own servant and threatened by her own brothers as well as treated like the worst being on earth by all the other servants? Ahhh I forgot....this is how things go by now huh.... sorry that I am an uneducated child from the streets.

With just one calm and long sentence I made him not only shut up but look down. It was as if I had just slapped him in the face as well as my other brother as well. My father on the other hand looked shocked.

Duke: I will look into this. I better not find out that what she said is true.

Reynold: Father!

Duke: Reynold, don't tell me what she said about the necklace is true?

Reynold: .....

Duke: We will talk about this afterwards.

Reynold: Yes father.

Duke: You as well Derrick.

Derrick: Yes father.

Hah... This felt soo good seeing them this defeated. Maybe for the very first time I could get some revenge for everything. Though that didn't matter to me. I wanted to get away from them. I had enough with all of them for as little as I was here. There was so much I didn't know about Penelope but from what I have seen it was not pleasant at all.

Duke: Aham... I called you all here to tell you something.

We all looked at the duke and it was this moment that I had waited for soo long. This was after all the real reason why I was here.

Duke: We were all invited to the second prince's birthday banquet. Since it is his birthday I have called the finest artist to get you all prepared for it. Derrick you will be there instead of me. Thanks to some sudden incidents I have to take care of, I won't be attending. Penelope, Reynold you two are invited to participate as well.

Finally!

At last I can meet the mad crown prince.

This will be the best chance I will have.

Me: I will go.

Reynold: Count me out.

Derrick: I will see to it that we have some experienced guards with us. Penelope you will stay at my side at all costs and don't do anything to embarrass the house Eckhart.

Me: I didn't plan too but now I might just because I can.

They looked at me as if I was crazy but that made me laugh and chuckle a bit.

Me: I was just joking. Don't worry about me.

Ahh I can't believe it!

I need to dress accordingly and maybe who knows... Maybe he will like my dress.

I finally have the chance to meet Callisto.

... I should be careful at the beginning.

He might think I am suspicious and a spy but I will be patient.

You have it not less better at the palace but at least I can relate to your struggles the most.