Byfeiran Previews - Original Creature Concepts

Quite a while back, some of you may remember the pole I had on which native-Whyvarian creature I should make concept art for next. Byfeiran were voted as most popular, but I've got so caught up in various things, I've barely worked on it at all. So I just wanted to showcase a few sketches of their reference sheet, as proof and reassurance that I have worked on it a bit. ^^'

I hope you all like how these are looking so far! Feel free to (politely) ask any questions about the species, or offer advice you may have about it. I would love to answer questions about them, to build on the species. :)

A little bit of info to get you interested (hopefully). Let me know which fact is the most intriguing for you!

• Byfeira (Byfeiranta dylaswyda)

• Informally known as Gore Gators

• Drakion Etymology: "Bloody torrent beast"

• Most researchers will tell you that 'Gore Gator' is an all too fitting nickname for this giant crocodilian.

• Form a symbiotic relationship with one specific species of bird, that guard Byfeiran eggs and nests from smaller creatures while the parents are away, in return for leftover food and protection of their chicks from larger predators.

• Ambush animals drinking from rivers and other deep water sources. But they will resort to sly and eerily smart ways to exploit a hungry carnivore's acceptance of an easy meal. Perhaps something in the name will give a suggestion as to how they hunt when no creature comes down to drink...

Thank you all for reading, and have a wonderful rest of your day/night everyone! <3