Crowns of Betrayal - Cover Contest Entry

A cover redraw for MindlessTyper 's art contest! I hope you're alright with it, Mindless.

I do apologise how long this took to complete. I kept procrastinating, and running into problems with how to draw certain aspects of it, due to a lot of it being from little experience.

But I think it turned out mediocre. I'm not sure how this'll look in other people's eyes, so I'm really nervous about posting this, but the due date is later today! (Yes, I pushed it very close...)

All eight characters belong to MindlessTyper, I don't accept credit for their designs

All eight characters belong to MindlessTyper, I don't accept credit for their designs. Princess (I'm sure she is a princess but it doesn't sound right for some reason) Scorpion is in the foreground, with Rattlesnake and Princess Sapphire next to each staircase. Shadowsplitter and Funnel are the ones above the previous two. Then, Blur and Shudder the IceWings are perched on top of the highest roof. And finally, the 'antagonist' of the book, a dragon whose name I shall not spoil! >:)

The contest had two options, and the one I chose was to redraw Mindless' cover of their WoF fanfiction, "Crowns of Betrayal". It is honestly a remarkable read, practically scaling up to if not topping the canon books (I mean it)! Check it out, along with Mindless's gorgeous art book.

I spent so long on some parts, like Scorpion's sail and gems, and so little on other parts, like the stair railings. Because, well... lack of motivation to keep drawing something that isn't fun to draw (e.g. railings). And in all my rushing nearer to the end, I probably missed something big and didn't realise it. Sorry in advance!

I wanted to add dust plumes and sun beams lighting up fractions of the screen. I really wanted to add frost blossoming around the IceWings in a foreboding manner, but I procrastinated so much, I ended up having almost no time to finish it at all. Caused me to really panic a bit at the end lol.

I did a version with text too, but I don't think it looks decent at all, so you can pick whichever version you prefer, Mindless. ^^'

Thank you for putting up with my lateness

Thank you for putting up with my lateness. It is very appreciated!

And thank you all for viewing! Have a wonderful rest of your day/night everyone <3 Remember to leave your opinions in the comments - any tips or constructive criticism is very welcome!