Chapter 2

"Your son is godly."One said."His eyes are like that of Queen Liliah."

"Of course."Rica said and came."No one can outstand the beauty of a prince like Damien."

Damien just stared at Ricah's face  and gave her a stern look signalling her to stop what she was doing but it did not seem as if she was even listening.

He just left there without a word and that made his father tired of him.

*******

With a cling of the glass by the spoon of his father,he drew everyone to him only.

"Good evening my lovely distinguished visitors."He said."This is a great privilege to welcome you all to my get together party. As for you young ladies one of you might be my son's true bride."

That statement alone made Damien fume within and as for Ricah,she had that goal in mind.

"Women......."

"So...let the party continue."
There was music and people from different backgrounds danced together.

King Oliver seeing his son isolating himself went to him.

"Isn't this what you want?"He asked concerned."You wanted this. Parties and so on and so forth but.....now my son don't disgrace me go out there and make yourself happy."

"Now hold it father. You know perfectly that I don't like any of these."Damien said."This.....this is not my thing and parties I like is not like this. Remember we are in the modern world. Don't go back to the ancient times."

"Son. Look here."Oliver said and placed his hand on his son's shoulder."Your mother will not be happy seeing you like this. Of course you will be the heir and you must have a good suitor."

"Good suitor ?"Damien cut him off and shifted."Fine. This is what you want right? Then I will get a suitor but first give me time and also I will choose my suitor myself. Don't even try to think of choosing my suitor for me."

With that Damien left his father and went to sip some wine.

*******

"Damien?"Ricah said and went to him."Is something bothering you?"

"No."He replied."Just leave me alone."

"Ah well.....I heard all that your father was saying."She begun."And he has a point there."

"Wow. I thought you were something like me here."

"Is not that but you know I love you and I'm reminding you of that. I can be the perfect wife for you and help you rule Vilgaria. Just choose me as your bride and you will never lack anything."

"You?"He laughed."Ricah. I don't have time for your silly jokes here. Just leave...."

"Come. I have something to show you."She said and took his hand.

Like an obedient child, Damien followed as his father stared at them smiling.

"Ah..... children. They will never grow up."

***********

The two walked down the hallway as Damien asked of where they were heading to.

"You will see."Ricah said."Just keep quiet and follow me."