~Chapter 1~

(Hailey's POV)

Ever since the band competition, everything seemed to change.. The club and I have gotten so much support from the school, the students, and our familys that the fact we were known as "The Music Freaks" just a month ago seems unheard of. People come in everyday to watch us reherase, we'll get a lot of Freshmen aspiring to play music too. Because of the support we've gotten my stage fright it sort of gone now. Everything seems to be looking up, and we still have 8 months left of this school year ahead of us.

I've also noticed a lot of changes from outside of music and school with the club too. Everyone seems to be so much closer after the competition, its almost like all six of us have known eachother our whole lives. Alwyas meeting up, hanging out, rehersing together, inviting eachother places. We've become more of a family then I thought was possible, and it makes me so happy. With Jake, Zander, Luke, Milly, and Sean by my side I feel like I'm set. They're everything to me, and nothing could tear us apart. Not a recording, not the past, and most certianly not the goons. We're happy, and I have a feeling it will stay that way for a while.

I wake up this morning early, so early the sun hasn't even risen fully yet. Today is not only the friday before Halloween, but it's also my little brother, Zander's birthday. We have the enitre music club coming over later, just to wathc movies and eat snacks and stuff for Zander's birthday.  I wanted to plan everything out, it's not really a birthday paty per say; but that doesn't make me want the day to go any less smoothly. 

I brush out my hair, put in my favorite srunchie, silp on my jacket and head down stairs, the clock read 5:45 a.m

Once I make it down the stairs I Zander sitting at the counter on his phone.

"Good morning Zander! Happy birthday!!" I say, exictedly

"Oh morning Hailey, why are you up so early?" Zander puts his phone down and turns towards me. He always wake up before everyone in the house, it's just always been that way; even when we were kids

"I just figured I'd get up to help plan things out, you know; gather snack orders, rent the dvds, and just talk to you."

"Oh my god Hailey calm down, I swear if you over work yourself today out of the all days." Zander comments. "Please atleast take a break today, the last thing I need is you stressing out and running around like your feet have caught fire trying to make things perfect. We're not even doing anything besdies renting some movies from the redbox and having a sleepover, for the love of god we do this like every other weekend except this time I'm one yeat closer to my grave."

"I know, I will. I'm just trying to make sure that nothing gets in the way of celebrating besides school and work for Sean, Jake, and Luke. Oh that reminds me, wanna go to Dutch Brothers real quick? Since its your birthday I'm pretty sure you get a free drink, plus Sean's shift is starting pretty soon so I'm sure he'll get to make our orders!" I exclaim

"As much as I hate the 'birthday attention' I can't pass up free coffee" Zander get's up from his seat and put's his blazer on over his sweater. "Ya ready?"

We made our way out to my car and started to drive to the coffee shop. I don't drive very often, I prefer walking. But it's way easier to drive then to walk at these hours, plus we already walk a mile and a half to and from school everday, and I don't want to get worn out.

As we drive to Dutch Bros my brother turns to me

"Hey, did you hear about all the fangirls Jake's been getting recently? Ms. Jones has to cut down the amount of people who come see us reherse because of how many there are." Zander asks

"Huh. Well I knew that Jake is pretty popular amongst the girls, especially now that they've heard him sing; But I didn't realize that there were so many. I can't really blame them though, Jake do-" I stop myself

"Oh~, is there somthing you need to tell me about Mr. Sterling, Hailey?" Zander teases

I'm blushing a bit, but I think it's just from embarassment.. right? I'll get flustered around Jake when that kind of stuff happens.. It's not beacuse I like him.. I think..? Jake does seem to make me feel a little bit abashed when I'm around him, but it's not in a bad way.. Do I like Jake..?

"No! I was just saying how Jake is a good singer and is pretty sweet. I could see how girls have crushes on him.. not why thouth."

"Mhm, whatever floats your boat Hailey. Just know that when you start to actually except your feelings for him, I'm always here if you need advice. I'm pretty much an expert with men's feelings"

"Yeah but that's just cause your gay and a guy, you goose."

"Touche, but that doesn't make it any less valid. Plus I've seen the way you guys look at eachother. To be honest, you seem to be flirting with each other more then me and Luke do, and I literally have his scarf, am dating him, met his parents and had dinner with them, crushed on him since I was 12, and kissed him multiple times; if that's not proof you guys like eachother I don't know what is."

Maybe Zander was right.. Maybe I did like Jake, and maybe; JUST MAYBE did he like me back, Imagine..