~Chapter 4~

Jake's POV

"My shoes untied.." I think to myself, and groan as I kneel to tie them, then someone passed by me, it was Mia.

"Oh hey Jake," she said, "Do you have those project notes?" Willow and Daisy were behind her trying to pass out a pamphlet to students walking by.

"Yeah I do, I'll give them to you in english, kay?"

"Okay, sick thank you!!" She gave me a warm smile and handed me one of the pamphlets , "By the way, do you think you could hang this up near the music room, or on you guys' bolt-on board? We're trying to engage more with the clubs and hopefully get more engagement!"

She handed me a piece of paper with Daisy's school email and dates for callout meetings.

"Alright, I'll drop it off there on my way to first period! Cya guys!!" I smiled and gave a small wave and made my way to the club room.

On my way to the club room I noticed a girl who looked around Milly's age. She was wearing a pink cat hoodie and black shorts. She was right outside of the music room, talking to Hailey.

"Oh I'm Hailey," Hailey grinned as she handed her a book that must've fallen on the floor, "Here's this by the way, haha"

They chatted for a few more seconds and the girl walked away, and Hailey went to her locker.

I went inside of the music room to see that Zander's piano had a couple of small gifts. A mug from Milly that said "WORLDS BEST DAD❤️", a Fleetwood Mac record from Hailey, a huge pack of mechanical pencils from Sean, and a bouquet of roses and a long ass card from Luke (which wasn't surprising in the slightest)

I carefully hung up the poster on the whiteboard with a capybara magnet and walked over to Zander's piano to put my gift on there. I reached into my backpack to look for my gift (a bag of berry nerd gummy clusters) and I couldn't grab it. I decided to dump out my bag so I could grab the bag, but a small Instax photo came out, it was a picture of me and Hailey, right after the competition!! It was a little beat up, I'm pretty sure it fell out of my wallet.

 I decided to dump out my bag so I could grab the bag, but a small Instax photo came out, it was a picture of me and Hailey, right after the competition!! It was a little beat up, I'm pretty sure it fell out of my wallet

That night was honestly so fun, everything about it was so positive, I think it might have been my favorite night ever.

Oh- right- back to reality.

I put the candy bag on the floor in front of his keyboard, careful not to press any buttons so I don't get and earful from him, and exited the tiny room.

Outside of the door was that same girl Hailey was talking to a few minutes ago, she was looking right at me when I turned around.

"Oh uh-.. Do you need something..??" I asked her, zipping up my backpack

The girl looked at me awe, "Hi Jake!!" She gushed.

"Hi..??" I have literally never seen this woman in my life.

"Ooooh what's that on the floor there?" She pointed to the floor, keeping the same flirtatious tone. She sounds like Zoey man..

I glanced over and on the floor right next to Zander's keyboard was the picture that fell out of my wallet just a second ago, "Oh! Me and my friend took it last Friday ahah.." I am extremely uncomfortable at this moment in time. Please, leave woman. Go to class.

She opened her mouth to talk, but just in time the first bell rang, thank God. 

"Oh- Well I suppose I'll see you at practice then, Jake" She giggled and ran off down the hall, until she made it into a classroom a few doors down. I think it was photography?? I don't know honestly, I've just seen Luke go in there a few times.

On my way to class, I saw Drew across the hall.. Just my luck I guess. first some random ass girl flirts with me and now Drew. I swear I cannot get a break mam.

Drew looked up from his phone and looked my straight in the face, he looked sort of sad for a split second, but then he just rolled his eyes and mouth the word "Asshole" as he shoulder chucked me, and walked away. I still can't believe THAT was the guy I looked up to and admired so much, the person who I had my first sleepover with, the first person to make me giggle at school, and honestly, my first actual reassurance that I could make friends. It sucks watching him treat me just like Hailey.

Ah, no matter, I had people who won't judge me now. Maybe, hadn't I been such a dick, it could've always been like that.

I walked into my first period class and sat down at my seat, which luckily was right next to Daisy.

"Good morning Jake!!" She smiled at me warmly, and handed me a piece of gum from her bag, like she does every morning. 

"Morning" I smiled back and got out my Chromebook to start working.