~Chapter 3~

Hailey's POV

"What!?"

"What??"

I was not expecting that.. Why would Jake want to play an instrument? And why do guitar out of everything??

"What did you say Hailey, all I could hear was something about a photograph.."

"OH- Uhhh.. I asked if you heard the Ed Sheeran song photograph!! I-I think it would be cool to do a duet on if you want! haha.."

I'd never been so embarrassed in my life.

Jake's POV

Something weird has been happening lately. I can't really describe it. Like, okay here I was at the library with Daisy, cause we usually do homework there and just talk about life and I confessed to her, she politely turned me down and told me she didn't see me that way, but we could still stay friends.

But the weird thing is that when I got rejected it only hit me then that I kinda lost feelings for her. Like; it was sort of like I wanted to be rejected. Because before confessing it hit me that I'm kinda in love with Hailey.

I think?? Maybe it's just admiration?

Anyways; that's where my guitar plan comes into place. Knowing Hailey is pretty much a saint with any instrument; She'd definitely vow to teach me. So, not only will I be the coolest man in school when all the ladies find out that I can not only sing; but also play guitar. I'm so smart. This way I'll also get to spend more time with Hailey. And hopefully not crush on her for two years and then find out she's dating someone. I wanted to use this as a chance to get closer to her, and also to just get to be with her more.

"Oh- That's a good idea!" I snap back from my little day dream.

"Well, on the topic of music; Do you seriously want to learn to play guitar? Because I'll gladly teach you! As a matter of fact, tonight when you and the rest of the club come over I can give you an overview while those dorks fight over what to watch."

"Sounds great! Well I better get going, see you in third princess!!" I get up from my seat and leave the club room. It was a date. Or well; more like a tutoring session but oh well.

Hailey's POV

I still don't know why I blush so much when Jake calls me princess. It flusters me so much and I don't know why.

"Yeah! See ya.. Jake."

Why would Jake want to play guitar? He's never really talked about wanting to persue his passion for music in any other ways besides singing, and it sounded like he'd been wanting to for some time now.

As I pick up my backpack from the floor and head to my class I see Daisy, Stacy, Sadie, Mia, and Willow in the hallway. They were hanging up posters looking for new student council members since Daisy's title was revoked. I had an idea.

There was still a good 20 minutes before our first class started, and I already knew Luke and Zander were off somewhere messing around like they always do.

"Hey guys, what are you doing?" I asked, as I make my way to the small clique.

"Oh, hi Hailey!" Daisy replied, "We're looking for a new head girl, since I got demoted. And no one else in the council wants to take my spot so, we're opening applications!!" 

Being head girl isn't  something I'd typically be interested in, plus I can barely run a club with six people in it, let alone a whole high school.

"Oh okay! I'll think about it!" I responded, taking a poster from Willow, who was handing them out to people passing by.

While I'm walking to my locker I notice a smaller, brunette girl run past and slip onto the floor. It looks like she tripped, which isn't very surprising, because both of her worn-out black converse are untied.

"Woah are you okay??" I kneel down and help her up, she has freckles, hazel eyes, and sun-kissed skin.

"Yeah, sorry haha, I'm in a little bit of a rush" She replied, embarrassed. "Thank you. I'm Harper, what's your name?"

"Oh, I'm Hailey!"

"It's nice to meet you Hailey!!'

She tied her shoes back up, smiled and scurried off.

Where was she even going?