~Chapter 2~

Hailey's POV

"I don't think Jake likes me Zander, he's just a flirt and egotistical, that's just how he is. Need I remind you he's been calling me princess even when he was picking on us.. He sure didn't like me then" I say, doubtfuly

"I know he's cocky, and really flirtatious; but have you ever seen Jake like that around Daisy, Milly or literally any other girl? I'm not trying to put ideas into your head or anything but come on, are you really that oblivious? Even I could tell, and I haven't even liked him until like a month ago." Zander replied 

Me and my brother arrive at Dutch Bros and I pull up to the window. The chasheir opens the window as I'm finishing my sentence.

"Well I might like Jake; I don't know though. I kinda do see what you're saying. I'm just gonna give it time to think about it but I'll talk to Jake about it soon.."

A familiar, friendly voice pitches into our convorsation

"Can I... get your orders?"

It was Sean.

"Oh uh- hi Sean! G-good morning, h-happy f-f-friday!!" I'm stuttering like crazy and redder then a tomato.

"Good morning Hailey, I see your in quite the discussion!" Sean chuckles, "Oh and happy birthday Zander, I bought you something; I'll give it to you tonight!"

"Oh- you really didn't need to do that aha- the free coffee is about all I would've wanted" Zander replies

As Zander starts talking to Sean and odering, I doze off. Zander was right, Jake doesn't even call Daisy princess.. He's only said angel to her, and it was most deffintly not on purpose like how he does me. Did Jake like me.. No, he liked Daisy! Jake doesn't like me..  I don't think he'll ever see me that way..

"Hailey? Your order??" Zander snaps me back to reality.

"Oh! Uhm.. I'll have a medium Golden Eagle, with whipped cream, please." I forgot we were even getting coffee to be honest.

"Alright! So one Golden Eagle with whip, and one toasted cold brew, with no cream!" Sean says, "And since it's you birthday Zander, your drink is free, so your total is $7.69!"

"I'll pay, this is your pass, you dork" I tease

I reach into my wallet to grab my credit card, I open my wallet and a polaroid photo of the music club and I falls onto my lap, In the picuture Zander and Luke are on the right side, Sean and Milly on the left, and me and Jake in the center holding the  trophy that we won. I peered down at it and noticed that I was looking at the camera, smiling while Jake was looking at me;  smiling and blushing a little bit. How come I'd never noticed that before? The picture was taken over a month ago.

I pull out my credit card and hand it to Sean so I can pay, as we get our drinks. We get our beverges and drive back home, mum and dad are most likely waking up right about now; so we won't have to be as quiet.

On the drive back I take the photo from off of my lap and hand it to Zander, he's texting Luke; as usual.

"Why are you handing me this?? I have one in my wallet you know." Zander asked me, confused

"Just.. Look at it? Does Jake seem to look weird" I say, not taking my eyes off of the road

"I mean, he always looks weird. But yeah, he's looking at you; you didn't realize??"

"No.. I didn't."

Zander looks at me and starts giggling. He looked at me like he knew something I didn't.

"What-?" I profess, confused

"Hailey, have you ever wondered why Jake never asked Daisy out that night? That was the whole point of him even joining the club and he never did." Zander tells

He was right. Jake only even tried to repair his relationship with us because of Daisy.. The only reason he wouldn't of asked Daisy out was if he liked someone else.. Zander was right. Jake Sterling had a crush on me.

Once we got home Zander handed me back the small poloroid picture. He warmly smiled at  me before walking into the house. He knew Jake liked me, and he had been trying to tell me all morning for a reason. My brother, AlexZander James Whickam was a wing man.

I walk into the house and put my coffee on the counter, I see my mum packing a lunch for my little sister, Bethany and my dad is Brewing a pot of coffee whilst reading the paper. My little sister is at the counter reading, she looks up from her book 

"Happy birthday Zander!! Your old enough to become the king of england now!" Bethany cheered

"Uhm- Not quit.. Nut thank you Behty!!" Zander sits down at the table with my little sister

"Happy birthday Alex! I can't belive my baby is growing up so quickly" My mum said to Zander, putting a bag of baby carrots into Bethy's lunchbox

I start to drift off again, thinking about what Zander said, what I'll say to Jake, and the photograph.

My mum looks at me witha concerned look on her face

"Dear.. your doing it again.. your staring off into space again.." My mum says to me

"Oh! Sorry about that, mum" I snap back into reality

"It's fine sweetheart, why don't you go get your notebook and guitair from the garage and comeback and eat some breakfest

I went into the garage of my house and grabbed my gutair, put it in the case, and started to look around for my notebook. I found it laying on the ground near the microphone me and Jake use when performing duets. Right as I'm about to grab it I get a text, It was from Jake.

Jake's POV

I was in a hurry this morning, because I still had to finish some homework from last night and I was trying to get to school earlier today so I could meet Hailey in the music club before class started.

I texted her to meet up with me in the Music room this morning as soon as she got to the school, which was suprisingly after me. I guess it took a minute to get to the school from where she, Zander, and Luke all met up at in the mornings.

When I was walking to the music room I walked past Drew, Henry and Liam: I tried to not make eye contact with them but I still saw Drew roll his eyes at me and mouth the words "Music Freak" to me silently. I don't know what his problem was, I haven't talked to him in over a month ever since the fight; and he hasn't even acknowledged the music club. He's just being an asshole I guess.

When I made it to the music room everything was turned off and the door was locked, So I had to dig around in my bag for the spare key Hailey gave me to the clubroom for a while; but I eventually found it and was able to unlock the club room. There was still 45 minutes until the first bell rang so I just sat there on my phone until Hailey got there.

After about ten minutes of me sitting in the music club room, Hailey arrived. I saw her wave bye to Luke and Zander before they headed off to their lockers. Hailey walked into the room and sat at the table and chairs with me.

"Good morning princess" I say to her, happily

"Good morning , Jake!" Hailey replied, she looked tired but not that tired. She just had been up for a while longer then usual.

"Hey, there was something I've been meaning to tell you! That's why I asked if you could come here" I tell Hailey

"Oh! Uhm- me too aha" Hailey responded, she seemed pretty nervous

"Oh okay, then let's say them together then! 3, 2, 1.."

"Why were you looking at me in the photograph"

"I want to learn to play gutair"