1.0

"1.0: Plans Are Made"

Soobin sat with his friends, Taehyun & Kai. "Any plans, hyung ?", Kai asked as he sat all their lattes on the table they were sitting at. Taehyun smiled as he answered first. "I will be visiting a friend. We go on a trip every summer if we can."

Soobin excitedly smiled as he answered. "저는 평소처럼 가족과 함께 여행을 갈 것입니다." (I will have a trip with my family, like usual.) Kai turned to Soobin. "Hyung, can I come with you ? I really don't want to be lonely & bored." Soobin faked like he thought it over before breaking into a sweet smile. Who would turn down the cuteness of Huening Kai ?

"You can tag along, Kai. I don't mind." Kai playfully pecked Soobin' cheek super excited as he'd get to go on the trip with Soobin. The conversation shifted as they all began talking about how they wished their summers would go. 

Soobin caught a taxi home where he was greeted by his family assistant, Mr. Son Sangwook. Soobin lived with his maternal grandparents & they loved doting on him. "Is grandfather in ?", Soobin asked as he greeted Mr. Son with a formal hug. Sangwook closed the door and walked Soobin down the familiar hall. 

"He is. Do you wish to speak with him ? I am afraid he is busy, Young Master." Soobin waved this off with a smiled as he chose to see his grandmother since his grandfather was busy. You see, Soobin' grandparents (more specifically his grandfather) runs a PR company. So he is used to him being a bit busy. As well as meeting many people at events his grandfather attends.

"Grandma ?", Soobin called out as he found his grandmother in the living room. "수빈아! 뭐지?" (Oh, Soobin ! What is it ?) His grandmother asked upon her seeing grandson. He sat with her, laying his head on her shoulder. "Can Kai join us on our trip ? He really wants to come..." Soobin' grandmother laughed as she caressed Soobin' head affectionately. "Of course he can, Soobin. No need to ask."

He sighed as he smiled like a big bunny. "How are the dorms ? You rarely are home nowadays." Soobin chuckled as he was glad his grandmother seemed happy. "숙소? 생활은 괜찮아요. 태현이랑 카이랑 같이 숙소를 구할까 생각 중인데 숙소를 같이 사용하지 않아서 거의 못 만나요."(The dorms ? Life is well. I am thinking about finding a place with Taehyun and Kai. We rarely see each other because we don't share a dorm.) His grandmother looked pleased as she suggested helping find a place. Well, more like volunteered Mr. Son to find a good place for them. Soobin didn't need to say anything before Mr. Son agreed. 

"할머니, 엄마는 잘 지내시나요? 할머니랑 얘기해봤어요? 할아버지는?" (Grandma, how is mom doing ? Have you spoken with her ? Has grandfather ?), Soobin asked steering the conversation into a serious one. "Your mother expects to see us on our trip. She seems to be doing better with things..." Truth was Soobin' father left his mother at the altar for someone else & refuses that Soobin is his child. It isn't ideal at all, but it was just the way things were.  Soobin' mother lost it & has been in hospitalized care while living alone. She was not stable enough mentally to care for Soobin the way he needed to be cared for as a child. That is why he lives with his mother' parents. His father' side of the family treat him as he doesn't exist...

"Really ? You don't think it will be like last time ?" Soobin asked this a bit worried his mother would have an episode. Soobin looked so much like his father that it often reminded his mother of her pain. Like she was living it all over again... "그거 걱정되세요, 수빈 씨? 어머님은 어머님을 사랑하시잖아요... 그냥 도움이 필요할 뿐이에요. 알겠어요?" (Are you worried about that, Soobin ? Your mother loves you... She just needs help. Okay ?)

This wasn't questioned anymore as Soobin headed up for bed. He sees Kai & Taehyun tomorrow as the last day before the trip...