2.0

"2.0: Totally Carefree"

Soobin laughed at his messages. Taehyun basically in a round about way said for them to hang out at his house today. Taehyun was an interesting one for sure. He comes from a family who own a radio broadcasting station named after him, of course. So most of the time Taehyun knew things before anyone else did.

Kai ' family ran a modeling agency. So Kai worked on his French as the agency for the time being had a lot of models from Paris as the first location outside of South Korea. He also was outgoing & that drew most people in to being his friends.

Soobin paid his taxi as he let himself into Taehyun' backyard. Kai & Taehyun were out by the pool. "Oh ! Why didn't I think you'd want to swim on our last day before the trip ?", Soobin teased taking a seat & eating a few of the fruit off of the platter next to Taehyun. "왜 안 돼요? 둘 다 떠나요. 수영은 이 날씨에 좋아요." (Why not ? You both are leaving. A swim is nice for this weather.) 

Kai teased as he nudged Taehyun, "Hyung, who will you go visit ? Soobin hyung & I have no idea. Do they go to school with us ?" Soobin leaned in smiling as he too wanted to know. Taehyun was good at keeping his secrets though. "Why ? Why do you need to know ? It is just a friend..." Kai playfully got annoyed shoving Taehyun into the pool.

It wasn't long before they've been playing around. Screams & laughter filled the air. Complete fun. "Drinks ? Should we drink ?", Taehyun ask running a hand through his wet hair. Kai immediately agreed going inside to get the soju. Taehyun rested a hand on Soobin' thigh as they sat on the edge of the pool. 

"형, 괜찮아요? 걱정이 좀 되시던데 어머니랑 관계가 있는 건가요?" (Hyung, are you okay ? You seemed a bit worried. Does this have to do with your mother ?) Taehyun knew, but always kept it to himself. He knew if anyone else knew how badly it would hurt Soobin. "I am fine. You always ask when you sense I am in a mood, Taehyun. Besides grandmother says my mom is doing better..."

The conversation was cut short as Kai returned with the soju. Kai pointed at Taehyun as he poured the shots. "형, 최범규 씨가 누구세요? 몇 번 전화를 했는데..." (Hyung, who is Choi Beomgyu ? He called a few times...) Taehyun rolled his eyes before laughing, "The friend I mentioned I'd be going on a trip with. Beomgyu hyung is a big socialite & influencer. Jealous ?" Soobin punched Taehyun laughing, "How come we've never met him, huh ? You sound like you've known each other a while."

Kai nodded as they all took their shots. Taehyun smirked as he poured their next ones. "How have neither of you met him by now ? You are the sons of a modeling agency conglomerate & a PR conglomerate that deals with other chaebols & socialites all of the time." Kai made a playful yuck face as he answered, "I don't attend those events so I focus on school. Bahiyyih & Lea noona also go though. Mostly Bahiyyih."

Taehyun laughed as he looked at Soobin for his reasoning. Soobin smiled as he took the shot first, "What ? I have only attended a few with grandfather. Never seen him. How are you friends with Beomgyu, Taehyun ?" The conversation ended. It seemed that there were still things Taehyun wanted to keep to himself. 

A few hours go by in a blur. Taehyun put Kai & Soobin into a taxi headed to Soobin' with their stuff. They leave in the afternoon the next day anyway. 

Taehyun called Beomgyu back. "Hyung, were you worried ? Why did you call so many times earlier ?" Beomgyu laughed as he answered, "약간요? 원래는 대답을 많이 해요. 태현 씨가 저희 여행을 취소해서 아쉬웠던 거 알아요. 이유가 있나요?" (A bit ? You usually answer, Taehyun. I know you were a bit sad about having to cancel our trip. Is there a reason ?) Honestly, there was a reason. Taehyun suddenly cancelled on Beomgyu & opted to stay home alone while his parents went on a trip. "Uh... I am not like you, hyung. Social events like the ones you attend aren't for me. I've never wanted to mingle that way. I don't want to feel like I am a prop you are dragging around..."

Silence. Moments like these always seem to go slow... 

Beomgyu made one final remark. "끝내자, 끝을 내자, 태현아..." (End it. Let's end things, Taehyun...)