5.0

"5.0: Just Getting To Know"

"Uh, Soobin. I am Soobin. & this is my friend Kai." Soobin immediately felt something with Yeonjun. In reality, he wanted to keep his mind off his mother. Selfish, but valid. This trip was supposed to be about fun. Not being frustrated by his mother. 

The other introduced himself happily, "I am Yeonjun & this is my friend Beomgyu." Kai perked up as he questioned Beomgyu. "혹시 강태현이라는 분을 아시나요? 원래 태현 씨랑 여행을 가는 줄 알았어요." (Do you know a Kang Taehyun by any chance ? I thought you were supposed to be on a trip with Taehyun hyung.) Beomgyu smiled, but there was a hint of sadness in it. He hasn't spoken to Taehyun since they last spoke on the phone. 

"I know him. He changed his mind about coming." Beomgyu talked nonchalantly, but it was clear he was a bit upset by this. Yet again, he didn't have the luxury on waiting for Taehyun to make up his mind. "What brings you both here ?", Yeonjun asked seeming to keep his eyes on Soobin. 

Soobin answered now growing more comfortable with the two. "I always take a vacation with my grandparents. Kai decided to come along this time." As time went by they were all getting along well. 

Kai ended up sitting with Beomgyu as Soobin & Yeonjun went for a walk. "태현 형이 형 취소하는 것에 대해 화가 난 것을 알고 있었어요, 범규 형. 무슨 사연이 있는 건가요?" (I had noticed you're a bit upset about Taehyun hyung cancelling on you, Beomgyu hyung. What's the story there ?) Beomgyu sighed as he oddly felt calm by Kai' presence. " It is nothing too big, but he's never cancelled one of our trips before. I feel like ending things before I got too disappointed was the right choice..."

Beomgyu asked Kai a simple question as their conversation furthered. "Why did you come on the trip here with Soobin hyung ?" Kai smiled as he looked up at the dark sky with a pure smile. "I wanted to have a fun summer... I also wanted to be there for Soobin hyung... So, how could I not ask to come along ?"

Soobin walked with Yeonjun as the breeze began to get colder. It was probably around early morning now. "You seem excited but also disappointed about being here. Did something happen ?", Yeonjun asked this wanting to connect with Soobin. Soobin sighed. He at least for now wanted to keep some things to himself. "Something did happen... Yet, that is all I will say. No offense, but we've just met..."

Yeonjun laughed as he took a lighthearted approach. He grabbed Soobin' hand while they walked. There was a few moments of silence as they enjoyed being with each other. "괜찮아요 수빈이. 비밀을 지키면 돼요... 우린 여름 내내 서로를 제대로 알아갈 수 있어요..." (No problem, Soobin. You can keep your secrets... We have all summer to get to know each other properly...)

The aura of conversations were calm, flirty, & emotional. Just what was brewing underneath the surface ?