Chapter 1

The door opened with a chime and in came three figures dressed in tan uniforms.

The taller of the two went straight to the pool table, the other two walking over to the bar. The one at the pool table took out a cue and racked the balls, soon breaking the balls apart from their perfect triangle, starting the game. The other two came over to the man, now with drinks in their hand.

"Didn't know what you wanted. You'll have to get it for yourself." He told him.

The other just nodded, taking his shot and pocketing the orange striped.

The two officers leaned back, watching the man play. They had gotten lost in watching him pocket the balls that they didn't realize another figure was watching carefully, also in a tan uniform.

The one officer looked up, nudging his buddy on the shoulder.

"Look at that. A fellow Peanut Butter." He said, nodding to the woman.

The man who was still playing pool finally looked up from his game, but quickly looked down with a sigh.

"That's right, I am." She replied with a proud smile.

"Pilot or backseater?" The other asked.

"Pilot," She smiled again. "You're playing pool with my new backseater." She grinned, nodding to the guy who grumbled.

The two males looked at his friend, then chuckled. "Oh, man! You got a girl flying you!" One officer said.

"She's gonna be a good one. I know it." The other commented, aggravating the taller even more. He was in no way amused with this.

The two males chuckled a little more before sighing, turning back to the dark haired.

The one who last commented to his buddy extended his hand, "Javy Machado. But my callsign is 'Coyote'." He smiled as the woman shook his hand.

"Natasha Trace. 'Phoenix'." She smiled, soon turning her gaze to look at the other male who's hand was held out.

"Logan Lee. 'Yale'." The man said with a nod.

"You two are pilots?" Phoenix asked, taking a seat in the chair opposite of them.

"I'm a single pilot." Coyote said. "He's got a backseater." He gestured to Yale with his thumb.

"Nice. My WSO didn't come with me here. She got deployed with another pilot." She explained. Her eyes slid to look at the tall male who continued with his game. "But now I've got this enthusiastic guy."

Coyote chuckled. "He's got a rough exterior but I'm sure you two will get along."

"One can hope. We have to communicate well." Phoenix said as she stood up, walking over to the bar.

Coyote and Yale watched as she did. It wasn't in a way that was wrong, but in a friendly way. After the short conversation and revealing, she seemed like she was going to be a good sport. Even if she wasn't too found of her new WSO. But they hoped he wouldn't be as rude as he was already being.

"Gonna introduce me to your friend?"

Coyote looked up to see a familiar face after hearing that certain voice. He grinned, standing up.

"Seresin!" He patted his shoulder. "You're here too, man?"

The male nodded. "Of course I am. I'm the best of the best." He said arrogantly.

Phoenix walked back over to the three, only to see, now there's four.

"You two know each other?" She asked.