Chapter 6

"That's what she said."

"My gosh," The tall figure walked into the room, bag thrown over his shoulder, his brows raised. "What did I just walk into?" He shook his head to the side.

Hangman was sitting at a desk, talking to Coyote, who was leaned up against the desk next to Hangman's.

Coyote turned around to see Rooster.

Rooster resumed his walk into the classroom, waving small at the female in front of the classroom. Coyote stood up and walked past Hangman, sitting down at his desk behind him.

"Nothing, Chicken. I'm just telling a story and this guy," Hangman pointed a finger to Coyote, who laughed. "Thinks it's funny to keep throwing in little comments."

"Well, are you being serious about it?" Rooster asked, sitting down his bag.

"Of course not." Coyote answered before Jake could.

The egotistical pilot turned his head to Coyote, his mouth clamped, narrowing his eyes.

Coyote chuckled, his eyes creasing with a smile.

"You're such a nerd." Jake turned back around, looking across the room with a sigh.

"Thanks, pal. I appreciate that." He winked.

Jake rolled his eyes.

Bradley sat down in the chair next to Hangman, looking at Coyote. "Was this story a big thing?" He asked, "Is that why he's grumpier than usual?"

"No, he's even grumpier because he got rejected last night and then he couldn't go to sleep."

"It just wasn't my night." Hangman yawned, rubbing his eyes.

"You poor thing." Rooster said sarcastically.

Removing his fingers away from his eyes, he looked at Rooster, then turned his head back over to the front of the classroom where laughter was heard. He furrowed his brows, leaning his head back slightly with a gesture to the side.

"What're they talking about?" He rubbed his eyes again.

"Why would I know?" Rooster asked.

"Well, for starters, you're always hanging out with Phoenix. And second of all, you would know."

"Dude, I have no idea. She doesn't tell me everything."

"Well go see what they're up to." Hangman said, as if it was a done deal.

"Are you crazy?"

"No." He said bluntly.

Rooster rolled his eyes. "You're right, I am always hanging out with Phoenix. So, because of that, I know that your idea to go see what they're discussing is not a good idea."

"Does he ever have good ideas?" Coyote commented.

The blond turned his head to Coyote, "I'm going to smack you."

Challengingly, and jokingly, Coyote turned his head, patting the side of his face.

"Javy!" He exclaimed.

Rooster and Coyote laughed.

Sighing, Hangman turned back to Rooster. Rooster turned away.

Jake knew he wasn't going to budge, but he still thought he could talk him into it. Well, argue. Not talk.

Rooster slouched in his chair a bit, tapping his hands on the table.

Hangman lifted his head up slightly higher, looking over to him.