Chapter 8

"It's always fun waiting for the bogey to come at you. It's like you're doing nothing but sitting in a completely still plane."

"Even though we're moving."

"Yeah," he hums.

He raises his brows, waiting for another voice to chime in.

"What?" He asks into the comms. "No comment, Phe?"

There's still nothing.

He squints his eyes, trying to see her in the cockpit. He can't really make out her face.

Guy can't see what's going on either.

"Looks like she's giving you the silent treatment, buddy." Guy says. "What'd you do this time?"

"You make it sound like we're dating." He says. "But, nothing this time."

The brunet laughs, "'This time.' Very true, Hangman, very true."

"Uh-huh." He rolled his eyes, then turned his head left, scanning the skies. Then he turns it back to the right, trying to look at Phoenix. "Her comm isn't off, is it?"

"No, I think she'd be hitting the glass to get our attention if it was. Or if something was wrong."

"Oh, no. She'd definitely start flying into things if something like that was happening." He chuckled.

The female rolled her eyes.

Well, tried.

Phoenix had been wanting to reply ever since Hangman opened his mouth.

But her nose wouldn't let her.

She closes her eyes, finally letting out a long awaited sneeze.

"Holy-" The blond from the other end yells in confusion, a thump heard from the other side. The two wondered if he hit the glass.

"What the heck was that?!"

"Guy." Phoenix commented immediately, sniffing. "Guy did it."

"You liar!" He exclaims. "That was you!"

"I didn't do it. You did it."

"Say, Phoenix, how about we call you 'Sneezer' from now on?"

"Say, Hangman, how about you shut up before I run you into the cliff?"

"No cliffs in sight, my dear."

"I'll find one just for you, honey."

Guy lets out a fake hurl, "I don't think I can take anymore of you two flirting."

The comms went silent.

"Cool. That shut you up."

"Which one?" They asked in sync, then laughed after hearing the voices crackle at the same time.

Guy rolled his eyes, "Gee, definitely not both of you."

"Okay." Hangman said, then quickly changed the subject, "So then, what's the comment you had, Phoenix?"

"Actually I can't remember now."

"Was it because of-"

"Any thing on the radar, Guy?" She spoke louder, looking up.

He smirks, but clears his throat, looking down. "Nope, nothing."

As always, if on cue, a jet started barreling towards them.