Save me

•~•𝒮𝒶𝓋ℯ 𝓂ℯ ˢᵉᵃˢᵒⁿ ¹ ᵉᵖⁱˢᵒᵈᵉ ⁸

•~•
𝒮𝒶𝓋ℯ 𝓂ℯ
ˢᵉᵃˢᵒⁿ ¹ ᵉᵖⁱˢᵒᵈᵉ ⁸

"You know how when you were a kid and you believed in fairy tales?"

Harmony wakes in her bed from her old alarm clock she quickly slams her hand against the cool metal shutting the sound off. She slowly gets up out of her covers and she can't help but feel like she got no sleep last night. That's because she didn't. Due to Meredith's snoring being louder than usual tonight she couldn't fall asleep. She got about 2 hours of rest after she turned her tv on blast to block out the snoring.

She slowly walks to her closet and pulls out clothes to change in at work. She decided not to do her morning run seeing how tired she is. She even woke up an hour later than usual not waking up from her 4:30 alarm. It is now 5:25, having to be at the hospital at 6 she strides into the bathroom and begins to brush her teeth.

"That fantasy of what your life would be. White dress, Prince Charming, Who'd carry you away to a castle on a hill. You'd lie in bed at night and close your eyes, and you had complete and utter faith."

She finishes up in the bathroom and checks the time it is now 5:30 she quickly gets ready putting her hair in a low bun with few strands out framing her face. She turns off her tv and her light leaving the only light coming in to the room being her small window. She shuts the door and walks down stairs meeting Izzy and George down there.

she looks towards me.

"Good morning harmony!" I look at her with squinted eyes lurking with tired in them, flickering my eyes between her and the pastries and dirty dishes by her. "Buenos días Izzy y George" I say. Me not realizing I translated to spanish I take a seat. "Good morning harm" George says to me with confusion in his eyes. "Eight hours, 16 ounces of chocolate, and 32 cupcakes, and they still don't taste right." Izzy says disappointed. I grab a cupcake and immediately my mouth is filled with flavor, it does need something to it but it definitely is a delicious pastry. "No, these are good. Martha Stewart would be proud." George says with his mouth filled with cupcake, I look at him with a look of disgust. "Yeah, look where it got her." Izzy says and my eyes then flicker to her silently scolding her.

"Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close, you could taste them."

"There's something missing, some specific ingredient. Why can't I remember?" Izzy says confused but I was to busy falling asleep on the counter to notice.

"But eventually, you grow up. One day you open your eyes, and the fairy tale disappears."

"Look, just call her. Call your mother and ask." George says but I've officially fallen into a slumber by then.