Raindrops keep falling on my head

•~•ℛ𝒶𝒾𝓃𝒹𝓇ℴ𝓅𝓈 𝓀ℯℯ𝓅 𝒻𝒶𝓁𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔 ℴ𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒽ℯ𝒶𝒹 ˢᵉᵃˢᵒⁿ ² ᵉᵖⁱˢᵒᵈᵉ ¹

•~•
ℛ𝒶𝒾𝓃𝒹𝓇ℴ𝓅𝓈 𝓀ℯℯ𝓅 𝒻𝒶𝓁𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔 ℴ𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒽ℯ𝒶𝒹
ˢᵉᵃˢᵒⁿ ² ᵉᵖⁱˢᵒᵈᵉ ¹

"To be a good surgeon, you have to think like a surgeon. Emotions are messy. Tuck them neatly away and step into a clean, sterile room where the procedure is simple. Cut, suture and close."

"Derek! Derek! Derek!" I say running towards him. He looks at me shocked as I interrupt his conversation with his new found wife that showed out of the blue. I stop in front of him out of breath, he holds me by the arms waiting for me to catch my breath before saying, "are you okay?" Concerned. "No..." I say on the verge of tears.

His eyes go wide he looks at his wife Addison and she nods. He quickly takes me into a on-call room, and I burst into tears as soon as we enter. I couldn't talk, I could barely breath, all I wanted to do was curl into a ball and cry, it's like everything just stopped.. it just stopped.

"Harm! Harm are you okay? What's going on!?" He says shaking me but I can't hear him it's like I can't breath like everything is just in slow motion. "Harmony breath come on breath.." he says frantic. My breathing starts to come back and it gets slower and slower. "Count with me, 1....2.....3...4." And we followed that Routine  until i was somewhat normal again.

We sit down and he gets ready to talk, "so, what happened?" He says concerned. "Um.. u-um m-my brother is u-unconscious." I say on the verge of tears once again. His eyes go wide and he pulls me into a hug, "I'm so sorry blue."

"I-it's ok." I say convincing myself more than I'm convincing him. We pull away and he looks at me, "your taking today and tomorrow off, it's not a question it's a order." I look at him surprised. "Wait no no no I'm okay Derek I'm ok I promise." "Harm it's not a question." He says stern. Not fully okay with his decision i nod.

"Come on let's go" he says giving me a smirk and I nod. "I'll tell Alex to take you home since you don't seem in proper condition." "Ok." I say quiet not really acting myself. "I'll be right back." He says making me nod.

__________________________________

Derek walks into the interns locker room looking for Alex. "Alex." Derek says seeing him in the locker room. "Hm." He says by izzie with a ice pack on his eye. "You and harm are friends right." Derek says.

Alex is confused at this point he suspiciously eyes Derek before saying, "yeah, why?" Izzie face grows confused not knowing the two were friends.

"Can you take her home, she's not in the best state?" Alex's body grows tense. "What the fuck happened?" He says confused. "It's not my place to say." Derek says causing Alex to get irritated. "I swear if you hurted harm-" "I didn't you know I wouldn't just can you drive her home?" "Yeah." Alex says walking out. Izzie watches him clueless of what just happened.