Chapter 5: Everything Falling Into Place

"Hey that's a really nice looking packed lunch! Did Akari make that for you?" You asked Jiro when he produced his neatly packed bento box from his bag.

You, him and Kamo were all sat together outside so you could all enjoy your lunch together. You did have an invitation to join Sachi and the others, but you wanted to be with your friends today.

"Of course she did! Who else would pack such a divine looking lunch?!" Kamo exclaimed as he took a big sniff of it before exhaling deeply, almost like he was deflating.

"Oh what I would do to have my lunch made by Akari Watanabe...." He sighed dreamily before starting on his own lunch.

"Alright dude....just calm down now. Don't get too excited." You said as you started eating.

"Speaking of Akari, how is it with her? She isn't too much for you right?" You asked Jiro as he shrugged his shoulders.

"She's okay I guess. She made this lunch box as a test. I'm being used as her test subject so she can make the perfect lunch for Tenjin." He explained.

"I see. So nothing really did happen between them after karaoke....in my opinion she should really just tell him. Though I get if she's nervous." You said, relating to her a lot as she was going through sort of the same thing that you were.

Other than the fact you weren't going to be preparing anything for Shiori.

"Maybe I should do that....perhaps Shiori would like it if someone made something like a lunch or something like that." You thought as you placed your hand under your chin before glancing over at Jiro.

"But I still feel like I'll lose that race as well." You trailed off and lost yourself in your thoughts.

"Yo."

That brought you back out of them and when you looked up, there was Akari stood over Jiro staring down at him.

"Oh...hey Watanabe! What's up?" He asked her as she placed her hands on her hips.

"I'm came over to see how the bento is. So what do you think?" She continued as you and Kamo looked at each other before silently observing their exchanges.

At one point, that started to squabble over the flavouring of the Tamagoyaki which seemed to have been something they discussed before.

"Hey....they're arguing like an old married couple don't ya think!" Kamo whispered to you as you did your best to hold in your laugh as you nodded.

Eventually, she turned to leave after seemingly having had enough. But she stopped and turned to you instead, her expression softening.

"Hey Y/n you're friends with Minami! Do you perhaps know what time he's on break at his work?" She asked as you swallowed your food.

"Uhm.....I think he has a break around one? Anyway I thought you'd know that. And besides...who said I was his friend?" You said.

"Well he's nice to you isn't he?" She said causing you to shrug.

"True....and I guess we do hang out." You said.

"Mhm! Oh and the only reason I don't know what time his break is, is because I didn't wanna seem like a creep! I already knew where he worked, I didn't pry any further you know?" She said.

"Yeah that's fair. Like I said, go at one and you should catch him on his lunch break. I'm sure he'd appreciate it!" You said with a smile as Akari nodded her head determinedly.

"Yes! I'm sure he would!" She said.

"Just don't be afraid alright? Be confident in yourself like you always are!" You said trying to give her a little bit of encouragement.