Chapter 6: Not Quite To Plan

The next morning you woke up nice and early to make breakfast for you and Sachi. Thus far she had always cooked the food, and you wanted to give something back to her for a chance. After all, you were a married couple and you both do lovely things for each other.

"Married couple..." Those words stuck in your mind as it went back to what happened the previous night.

All of the teasing that Sachi did, followed by the kiss...

It all made your face go red as you stood there in the kitchen, unaware of your surroundings. You only snapped out of your thoughts when the smell of burning entered your nostrils.

You looked down to see the egg you had cracked into the pan was starting to burn. You didn't even realise you had been zoned out for that long.

"Shit..." You muttered as you took the pan off the heat and turned off the stove, before looking down at the egg which had practically been turned into charcoal.

"Can't zone out like that...could've been dangerous." You said as you removed the egg from the pan before starting again.

Then you head the door to Sachi's open followed by her footsteps and her yawning.

"...morning Y/n...I could smell burning. Everything okay?" She asked as she walked over to join you in the kitchen.

"I was trying to make breakfast...but zoned out and managed to burn an egg...so that's probably what you could smell." You said feeling slightly embarrassed.

Sachi smiled softly and gently pat you on the shoulder.

"That's fair enough. Sweet of you to make breakfast! You know you didn't have to..." She said.

"We're a married couple Sachi. I've gotta help you out every now and again. No need for you to do it all the time." You said.

"Guess you have a point...hubby~..." Sachi giggled and kissed you on the cheek before walking over to take a seat at the table.

You blushed and zoned out again at Sachi's words and kiss. Her giggling broke you out of your trance again, as you blinked and looked at her.

"My my~...you are easily distracted this morning! Am I gonna get my breakfast?~" She teased as you shook your head to refocus yourself.

"Y-yeah you will...my bad." You said as you went back to cooking breakfast.

Thankfully, you were able to complete making yours and Sachi's breakfast without any other issues.

When you placed her plate in front of her, Sachi thanked you before digging into her food. She seemed to be enjoying it because of the look on her face and the noises she was making.

"Sounds like you're enjoying it. I'm surprised since my cooking isn't the best in the world." You said as you began eating as well.

"Are you kidding?! This is really good! You need to have more faith in yourself! We must cook together more often!!!" Sachi said.

"I mean sure! I'd be down to do that! You'd probably teach me a thing or two." You said as Sachi grinned.

"You bet I would!!" She said, placing her fork down and picking up her phone. The smile on her face turned into a frown as she raised an eyebrow while scrolling through her phone.

"Something the matter Sachi? What's with the look?" You asked.

"I asked Akari about the Minami sitch. Like she was taking her cute bento box to him at work yesterday, but she's just kept on dodging the question. Dunno what's up with that..." Sachi replied.