DISTORTED REALITY

Gustave Bord [+1852 to 1934], was a French historian known for his works aimed at elucidating the revolutionary Enlightenment thoughts, where he describes: "When one desires a people to endure, one does not destroy the sources of its life. One does not attack its memories hatefully. On the contrary, if one wants a people to perish, nothing is more logical than to wound them in the points where the very sources of life reside."

The French bishop Jacques-Bénigne Bossuet [+1627 to 1704], among his many splendid works, made a brilliant commentary on the Apocalypse: "I see in the Church two kinds of persecutions: the first in its beginning, and under the Roman Empire, where violence should prevail; the second at the end of the centuries, where there will be the reign of seduction."

Now, we observe the beginning, 1514 AD, of the naturalistic seduction with the Protestant Reformation that encouraged the eradication of the Sacraments from spiritual souls and the invigoration of philosophical and Renaissance sciences focused solely on the Natural Organism, the physical world, where the Infused Virtues – arising from the Sacraments – within souls were cooled, restrained, or 'never received'. After the Black Plague, decentralized political influences and primarily financial factors were the main motivators of the spiritual fragmentation of that time.

Various houses governed by principalities and their courts in the regions of the Italian and German Alps were already in complete spiritual disarray due to betrayals, murders, sexual depravities, adulteries, and greed. On the other side, the former monk Martin Luther was praised and encouraged by the principalities to continue his slanders and declarations against the Holy Church and the Pope, instigating the apostasy of the poorer social masses. The principalities supported the schism – separation – of the masses: this spiritual rupture with the Holy Church facilitated the coup against the Emperor and, consequently, they stopped paying taxes to the Empire. By stimulating the people, the false Protestant spiritual context was used to escape imperial taxes – accumulating more wealth to finance the lavish expenses of the Monarchic Courts.

So, we begin to comprehend why Gustave Bord portrays: "if, on the contrary, one wants a people to perish, nothing is more logical than to wound them in the points where the very sources of life reside." After all, what are these sources of life? Clearly, by attacking the Holy Church, one directly attacks the Sacramental Economy, affecting the core of spiritual souls; consequently, in the medium and long term, it will cruelly affect the entire civilization system, which will behave according to the same abrupt and maddening disorders – due to the absence of the Absolute Truth that contemplates the Supreme Good. The souls contained within the Supernatural Organism will initiate their sufferings here in the Natural context and will amplify their sufferings due to their complete disarray in the eternal supernatural environment.

Capturing Bossuet's thought: "..two kinds of persecutions: the first in its beginning, and under the Roman Empire, where violence should prevail; the second at the end of the centuries, where there will be the reign of seduction." It is understood that, in the first three centuries, spiritual souls living in a State of Grace – through Sacramental experience, especially Confession and Eucharist – suffered greatly from persecutions and martyrdoms. Now, in the post-Renaissance and Protestant Reformation period, the corruption of spiritual souls has deepened from the seductive aspect of the beginning of relativistic ideas: with their humanist and Enlightenment philosophies that began to ignore and reevaluate the importance of the spiritual context of society and the Sacramental Economy.

Adding the triggers of [1] libertine Renaissance; [2] English spiritual rupture with the Holy Church by Henry VIII; [3] German Protestant spiritual subversion; and [4] the leveraged humanist, anthropocentric French Revolution – attributing the absurd idea of man becoming the center of everything – most of civilization began to invigorate and intensify their earthly passions of all kinds. From then on, most of society shifted to empirical spiritual relativism in the Spiritual Organism, which brought – and continues to bring – very grave consequences also for the Natural Organism.