Chapter 2

When I opened my eyes again I was laying in the same bed as last time. I got so surprised that I jumped up:

"No!"

The doctor rushed to me:

"Duke Consort, how are you feeling?

-I am not the Duke Consort! Stop calling me that!"

I looked around me, panicked and noticed Ephraim in the room. He was staring at me intently and seeing him made me cry. This made the doctor panic and he started checking my pulse:

"What's wrong, your Highness? Where does it hurt?"

I pushed the doctor away:

"Don't touch me! Leave me alone! All of you! I don't want to be here!"

I felt something on my arm and fell back asleep the next second. When I woke up again I realized that I had been drugged. I must have slept a long time because It was dark outside. I almost screamed when I saw a silhouette sitting next to my bed:

"Who...

-Are you finally awake?"

Recognizing Ephraim's voice made me flinch:

"Why? No... I fell asleep. Two times. Not even once but twice. Why... Why am I still here?

-Stop spouting nonsense. Of course you are here. You are my omega and the Duke Consort. Where else would you be?

-Anywhere but near you. I refuse. I want a divorce. Right now."

I jumped off the bed and rushed to the desk. Well, I rushed as fast as I could because whatever they gave me was still making my legs weak. Once stabilized against the wood, I looked for paper in the drawers and finally found some as well as a pen.

"Here."

I started writing divorce at the top of the paper and continued filling it out. I had no idea what to write on a divorce agreement but I was going to find out on the way. Once ready I looked at my work satisfied:

"We hereby agree to divorce each other and never to meet each other again in the future. Do you have anything to add? Sign this. I don't want you in my life."

Ephraim frowned:

"Have you forgotten that our marriage has been arranged by the Emperor himself?

-What do I care about the Emperor? This is my life not his."

Ephraim smirked:

"Are you insulting his Holiness in front of me?"

I pinched my lips. Don't give him a reason to kill you sooner than needed.

"Nope. I don't see what you're talking about. I definitely wasn't me. Must have been your subconscious talking. You should keep that a secret. Anyway, sign this. I will explain to his Majesty that this was a mistake. He will understand. I am very good at convincing people.

-Oh really? Then you can do so once in the Capital.

-Don't you understand that I'm not coming?

-Then good luck convincing me to get divorced.

-Wait!"

Ephraim didn't add anything more and left my room. Well not really my room but Sliske's room but anyway. I had no idea what to do and forced myself to sleep. Maybe the only way I could go home was to sleep naturally and not get knocked out both times. However when the sun rose, I was still in that room. That same stupid room with its stupid pillows and its stupid walls. I was so angry that I threw all the pillows out the window.

"You! Bastard!"

Someone knocked on the door:

"Duke Consort? Is something the matter?

-Nope! Everything is perfectly fine! In this world that is completely fine and with these people that are completely fine!

-I... See? If there is anything I could get you please don't hesitate."

The man behind the door hesitated before adding:

"His Highness the Duke is waiting for you for breakfast. You will depart for the capital immediately after."

I suddenly straightened up:

"Out of the question! I am not going anywhere. Tell the Duke that I am sick."

I rushed back to bed. If my world didn't want me back then I was going to go on a strike. Now that I had decided that all I could do was stare at the ceiling. Being plunged in silence made my thoughts run wild and I finally realized that I had no idea how I got into this world. In all the webtaans I read people got reincarnated after they got hit by a truck or a car. Had I been hit by something? Maybe by a bicycle to spice things up. The problem was that I didn't remember anything. Could I not go back? Was I stuck here? Would I die again?

I was so sad that I felt tears swelling up in my eyes. However I didn't have time to cry that my door burst open and Ephraim stomped in:

"I have been more than patient with you! We are leaving right now!

-No! I am staying here! I am sick!

-Stop lying! You are not sick!

-I am! What are you? A doctor? Can you prove that I am not? Where's your degree?

-Listen here, Sliske.

-I am not-

-Shut up."

I got taken aback:

"Excuse me?

-Do you want to humiliate me? The only way you are not coming with me is if you lay dead in your bed.

-Okay."

It was his time being taken aback:

"What?

-I said okay. Give me your sword."

He smirked:

"What are you planning?

-Are you stupid? You told me to die. I prefer to die here and now than to die at your hands later on. I decide my own fate. Give me that sword."

Ephraim pulled the sword out, his face showing that he didn't believe me for a second. I didn't give him time to realize and sliced my throat. However I didn't have time to cut a lot because Ephraim suddenly grabbed my wrist, his eyes wide open:

"What the hell are you doing? You told me to die and when I want to you stop me? Let me go!

-Who are you?"

I froze:

"I told you so many times. I am not Sliske."

Ephraim frowned. I thought that he would kill me here and there but he suddenly pulled his sword away and put it back into its place.

"Eulisses?"

A man rushed into my room the next second and bowed:

"Yes, Master?

-Send a horse to the Emperor's Palace immediately. It seems my wife is too sick for us to attend His Majesty's birthday.

-What... But Master...

-Did I ask you a question?"

Eulisses froze and immediately bent back down:

"No, Master. I'll send someone immediately."

Eulisses left and I couldn't help my eyes shining:

"Does that mean that we are getting a divorce?"

Ephraim frowned.

"I've never said that. Get better soon.

-Wait!"

He turned around and left.