Chapter 24

Ayda started knowing the knights very well by then because of all the time she spent clinging to Nifsara. The latter was really loved and admired by her men. Ayda had to admit that she was a fascinating commander and her men would have given their lives for her without questions asked. That alone meant something. Ayda always thought that knights were serious and boring people that couldn't make their own decisions but these men looked more like puppies than anything else.

They followed their commander around with sparkling eyes and hearing someone confess their feelings to Nifsara made them really excited for some reason. It must have been the first time that someone showed feelings for Nifsara. Ayda couldn't say she was surprised. After all, Nifsara wasn't the warmest person ever. Ayda looked at Nifsara. It really was a shame. Nifsara looked exactly like a main character which meant that her face was conventionally attractive. Even Ayda had to admit that if she didn't have such an awful personality, she would have been attracted to her.

Seeing her men stare at her made Nifsara cough. The knights didn't understand that sign and continued staring at Ayda with round eyes. It seemed they had no desire to leave any time soon. They just stood there, waiting for what would happen next.

"Please carry on. Pretend that we aren't here."

Seeing Nifsara frown made Ayda happy. It seemed she didn't like having her personal life being exposed of the sort and she immediately jumped on the occasion. Ayda made her eyes water and started rubbing them:

"I am so ashamed... I just wanted to tell Nifsara how I felt about her. But it seems she doesn't want to hear it..."

The knights immediately started panicking:

"Please don't cry Madame."

Ayda forced herself to cry even more:

"Why would such a gorgeous and talented person love someone like me? I should have known better."

That was the last straw and Ayda was worried that the knights would actually cry. They turned from Ayda to Nifsara, having no idea what to do:

"No! That's not true!

-Our commander is just very shy!

-Anyone would be flattered to have such a gorgeous Lady confess to them!"

Ayda thought that she would get dehydrated because of all her tears:

"I didn't want to tell her like that. I wanted it to be very romantic but I just messed it up... I'm terrible. I understand why she wouldn't want to love me. I messed up everything!

-No, Madame. There's nothing better than passion! Your declaration was impressive!

-Really?

-Yes! Really impressive! I would love you to confess to me of this sort."

Nifsara's tone was harsh:

"Go back to practice."

The knights already looked exhausted as they were but they didn't dare argue:

"Yes, Commander..."

Some of them still turned back to show thumbs up to Ayda and pushing her to be more confident in herself. Ayda did find them a bit funny and she couldn't help smiling. They were nice. Way nicer than she would have thought. Her smile quickly froze however, when she noticed Nifsara's stare. She suddenly remembered that she was supposed to be sad and went back to rubbing her eyes:

"I am so sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I just wanted you to know how I felt. Do you hate me now?"

Nifsara looked at Ayda for a bit before sighing: