Chapter 4

My plan was becoming clearer and clearer, and I couldn't wait to put it into motion. However Eulisses continued following me no matter where I went and I couldn't get rid of him no matter how hard I tried.

"Oh, look over there."

Eulisses turned around and I took advantage of the situation to run away and hide in the first room I could find. But Eulisses had the smell of a dog and he would always miraculously find me no matter where I hid. He would just suddenly show up from behind me and I almost had five heart attacks. Unfortunately for him I was very stubborn and I continued running away again and again. This was helping me visit the manor and I started getting used to the corridors.

I had no idea how long I had been in this body anymore but despite all that time, I still found new rooms that I never visited before. For example, at some point I found myself in a very nice room. It had dark green walls and imposing furniture in a color between black and maroon. It looked like a private library and it had sculptures as well as paintings here and there. I really liked it and forgot why I came there for a second. I started looking around and the more I was seeing the more excited I turned. I felt like a child opening a gift when I suddenly heard someone cough. I turned around, thinking that it would be Eulisses but jumped seeing Ephraim.

"Ah!"

I screamed so loudly that Ephraim covered his ears:

"That's not a way to greet the Master of this House.

-What the hell are you doing here?"

My "husband" frowned. I started forgetting that he existed at this point and seeing him again wasn't nice at all.

"I should be the one asking you this. We agreed that you should never set foot in my study."

I raised my eyebrows:

"Is this your study? It looks incredible! You even have a sculpture of Aphrodite. And you have "

Ephraim looked at the bust sculpture:

"How could you know that it's her?"

I shrugged:

"It's obvious. Look at her hair."

Ephraim stared at the sculpture for a few more seconds before snarling.

"I see.

-And you even have a Renoir painting! I didn't think that he would exist even in this world. This painting is gorgeous. Could you give it to me?"

Ephraim opened wide eyes:

"How did you know that it was a Renoir? I thought you didn't care about such things.

-You didn't answer. Will you give it to me? I'll give you anything in return.

-The only thing I want from you is to leave my study.

-Okay, always as grumpy as ever. Can't you be nice for two seconds? I didn't ask you for your arm."

Ephraim sighed:

"Okay, this is enough. You know where the door is. You will see yourself out.

-Wait! Does that mean that you won't give me the painting?"

Ephraim snarled:

"The more you want it the less I want to give it to you.

-That bastard."

The next second Ephraim was in front of me and he pushed me against the wall. He was so close that my heart forgot what it was made for.

"Don't you dare insult me. I have put up with it until now but one more time and I'll pull that nice little tongue out of your mouth."