The Drowned City

The chapter begins with Oscar and Ruby emerging from the water as the jeep sinks. They quickly swim to shore as Tock and her goons shoot down at them.

"Go! Go!" Oscar ordered.

"Ugh! These guys never quit!" Ruby groused.

"Tell us about it." Weiss agreed.

"Well, at least they're together." Neptune said. "Two heads are better than one."

Oscar and Ruby get out of the water and run through some buildings. They go through a doorway and get to a riverbank with a jet ski in the water. They realize they lost their enemies stop to catch their breath.

"This was a big mistake." Oscar said, looking around.

"Which mistake? Bringing my sister with you or nearly getting yourselves killed?" Yang questioned.

Ruby chuckles. "No kidding. You know, I should've turned before the bridge."

"That's very funny." Oscar said, looking at a window.

"Oh, come here a minute." Ruby pulls out her camera. "I wanna show you something."

"That thing still works?" Oscar asked, going to sit down.

"Why does she still have that?" Blake asked, confused.

Sun shrugged. "Maybe it contains information."

"Unless that information leads them to an escape route, it's best to just put it away." Winter said.

Ruby positioned her camera so Oscar could see it "Uh-huh. Check this out." She shows him footage of the domed harbor building. "Okay, see this building in the harbor? That's where all of the boats coming into the colony would've unloaded their cargo. So, if the El Dorado treasure came to this island, it would've had to have come through here."

"Wait a minute." Oscar then grabs the screen, finding something. "What was that?"

"What?" Ruby questioned.

"Rewind it." He ordered her.

Ruby did as she was told and rewinds the footage. "Yeah...?"

"Wait, stop." Oscar said, causing Ruby to stop the video.

"Uh-huh." Ruby said, wondering what Oscar was getting at.

"Right there." He points to a small motorboat at the building on the screen. "That's our ticket out of here. Come on!"

Summer was relieved. "Good. It's over."

Tai nodded. "I'm glad they'll be able to get out of that place."

"Our ticket out of here? Are you giving up?" Ruby questioned, confused.

"Ummm yeah." Jaune said, not getting it.

"Maybe you hadn't noticed, but we're kind of outnumbered." Oscar pointed out as if it wasn't obvious.

"But we can't give up now." Ruby argued.

Yang looked at her sister as if she was crazy. "Ruby... what are you talking about??"

"What do you mean??" The scythe-wielder asked.

"She means, why are you arguing about Oscar giving up." Weiss answered.

Ruby scoffed. "We're doing fine so far..."

The crimson girl nodded. "Exactly, we can do it." 

Oscar shook his head. "That's impossible, Ruby."

Ruby frowned. "So you're giving up on him?"

The farm boy was confused. "Giving up on who???"