On the Trail of the Treasure

The chapter begins with Oscar coming out in an opening between buildings. He climbs up over a wall and finds himself on the upper level of the buildings surrounding the courtyard that he and Pacifica were in earlier. He then gets a call from Ozpin.

"Oscar, you read me?" Ozpin asked through the radio.

Oscar pulled out his radio. "Yeah. Oz, I'm just going in circles, here."

"Well, Ruby and I been reading some of the books down here and it looks like there's some kind of secret gallery at the top of the church. Can you get there?" Ozpin asked.

"Think so. Yeah." Oscar said.

"All right, give us a call if you find anything." Ozpin told him.

Oscar walked along the buildings and spotted the side of the church above. He went over to it and scaled the ledges on the side. He climbed through an open window and dropped in on the rafters near the ceiling. He saw the altar down below across from him. Above the altar was a big stained glass window with an image of a red heart and two gold keys.

He opens the journal to the page with the same symbol. "Aha..."

Oscar then jumps between rafters and large chandeliers hanging from the ceiling to get over to the window. He sees two large key statues on the wall on either side of the window. They looked like they could slide down a little. He goes over to one from the rafters and pulls it down. It locked in place like a mechanism. He went over to the other and did the same. The window lowered down and Dipper stepped through. He came into a corridor with more stained glass windows and one of them was the same as the first.

He smiles. "Well, hello there."

Oscar pushes the window open and looks out. He sees a small mausoleum under the side of the mountain with a graveyard in front of it. The heart and key symbol is above the door of the mausoleum. He sees Powers and Trigger through the open door of the building and several of their men patrolling the graveyard. He realizes it was the place he heard them in earlier.

Oscar sighs. "You gotta be kidding..." He takes out his radio. "Hey, Ozpin."

"I'm here." Ozpin's voice came across the radio.

"Remember Watts and Tyrian, and that "red herring" you sent them on, to get them out of the way?" Oscar asked.

"Yeah?" Ozpin questioned.

"Well, they're sitting right on top of the treasure vault." Oscar revealed.

"Uh oh." They're getting closer to the statue." Jaune said, concerned.

"Not for long." Pyrrha assured.

"Oh, of all the goddamn luck..." Ozpin cursed through disappointed.

"Look, I'm gonna need a diversion to get them out of there." Oscar told Ozpin.

"You got it, kid. One diversion, coming right up." Ozpin said.

"And Oz, once they're gone, meet me in the mausoleum. But come through the catacombs - it's safer that way." Oscar told Ozpin.

"Gotcha." Ozpin acknowledged.

"Now I've just gotta get past all these goons without getting noticed." Oscar said.

Yang grinned. "Knowing you, it should be easy peasy."

Oscar drops down from the church window and hides behind some trees by the graveyard he gets closer and sees Watts and Tyrian running out of the building.

"Ozpin has escaped! Spread out, find him!" Watts ordered as most of his men leave the area leaving only a few behind to guard it. Oscar moves between trees and large pillars and takes them out through sneak attacks. When the area is clear, he heads inside the mausoleum and Ozpin and Ruby soon show up as well.

"Hey." Oscar said as he walked toward Ruby and Ozpin.

"Hey." Ruby said-back.

"I knew you could do it, kid! So what's next?" Ozpin asked.

"I don't know, but this is definitely the right place." Oscar said. After looking around, they noticed something off with the symbols on the counters in the room. He opens the diary to a page with the same symbols drawn on it. They're shown in certain positions. He turns the plates on the wall to the way the symbols are drawn and a part of the wall a few feet above the ground opens up. "Looks like we're in business."

Oscar dusts off the bones in the opening and tosses a skull to Ozpin. He chuckled. "Heads up!" He catches it and tosses it aside. 

Most of the audience chuckled at Oscar's joke.

Oscar climbed through first, followed by Ruby. The room was dark, the only light being their flashlights.

"Whaddya make of it?" Ozpin asked.

"I dunno, could be a dead end." Oscar said.

"Wait, it looks like there might be a passage this way -" Ruby began before she suddenly stepped on a pressure plate. 

"What did she step on??" Yang asked, confused and concerned.

Suddenly, there was a strange sound of something moving in the wall.

Blake widened her eyes. "She set off a trap!"

"Uh-oh." Ruby uttered, after realizing what she done.

"Oh shit." Oscar cursed.

"What the hell's that?" Ozpin asked as he was already on the corner, getting ready to move.

"Oz, get outta there!" Oscar tried to warn the man. "It's a trap!" He quickly pushes Ozpin out of the entrance just as the walls shuts down on the counter. 

"Oh my god! Is he okay?!" Weiss asked, worried.

Oscar takes out the radio, calling Ozpin. "Oz, are you okay!?" He asked, worried.

"Yeah, yeah, fine. Still in one piece." Ozpin radio, signaling that he was okay. 

The students sighed, relieved that their headmaster wasn't harmed.

"You knocked me on my ass, though." Ozpin complained.

Then they all laughed at his complaining.

Oscar sighed with relief. "Yeah well, you better get back to the library. We're gonna have to find another way outta here."

End of chapter