Heading Upriver

The chapter begins with Oscar and Ruby getting on the jet ski and beginning riding against the current. Oscar finds it harder to drive than before. They go past some small rapids and see some red and yellow barrels floating downstream.

The duo took out their guns and shot the barrels, making them explode. They continue up the river as the riptide gets rougher and Oscar struggles more to fight against it. They get to a point where the river is wider and the rapids die down but there are some more pirates on the land who see and shoot at them.

"Are you kidding me!?" Ruby complained.

Most of the huntress and hunters agreed with Ruby's complaint against the goons.

"I got 'em! You get the barrels!" Oscar ordered. He shoots at the pirates while Ruby gets rid of the barrels in their way. When the area is clear, they keep going up and reach a part of the river where a bridge goes across it between two ledges. A truck with fuel barrels in the back is in the bridge and the pirates are dumping them into the river. "Ruby, hit the barrels!"

She does so which causes the truck to explode and the pirates to be blown away. They go under the bridge into a cavern where the water gets much less rough. They finally come to a small bay where the river is still and a dock is on the side. Oscar stops the jet ski at the dock and gets off. He helps Ruby off and they head into the jungle.

"Glad that's over with." Ruby said relieved.

Oscar nodded. "Yeah. Alright, let's up to the monastery and see what's going on."

End of chapter

(I say this with kindness. If you're gonna blame anyone, blame the game. It's not my fault that these chapters are short.)