1: Grace In Times Of Need

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."(2 Corinthians 12:9)

Think of someone or something you ask for, seek for, and lean on when you're experiencing hard times and need deliverance from your troubles. Were there times you felt disappointed, anxious, and hopeless because of what those troubles bringing to you? Hard times are hard times to be happy, confident, and contented. Sufferings such as workloads, financial crisis, emotional instability, insults from hate groups, unexpected violence, emergencies, death of a loved one, personal struggles and temptations, and others we will endure. There is no exception for that because "in this world you will have trouble." (John 16:33)

Although a sad reality, but, despite all of these things forementioned, let's look at Apostle Paul's situation shortly. According to 2 Corinthians 2:7-8, it was denoted that Paul was experiencing "thorn in the flesh" that made him cry out to God for help, but God said to him, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9)

Apostle Paul was maybe experiencing suffering and torment in the verses provided, but we can see that God is teaching us that there is satisfaction in His grace. When we're experiencing sufferings, we always look for provisions, resources, comforts, pleasures, and needs. Yet, God wants us to realize that His grace is immeasurably abundant than anything (2 Corinthians 9:8; 1 Timothy 1:14). Yes, all needs are gift from God, but let's not forget about His grace above of all those needs. Plus, He is teaching us that there is His perfect sovereignty when we are weak and afflicted. It does not remove our weaknesses or our afflictions, but these things should make us to humble ourselves in the Lord, not to grudge against the Lord.

Hopefully, this would be a reminding message, and let's enjoy His sufficient grace given to us in times of need, so that we can confidently have joy and hope in troubles and sufferings despite of our weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities (2 Corinthians 12:10). This would be difficult for us, but it is for our faith and trust in Him to be molded profoundly. 😊