Chapter 15-- It's A Promise (cleaned)

Jayce's POV

''Jayce!'' Aiden was running toward me with tears in his eyes.

''oof'' The air left my lungs as he jumped at me and I stumbled backwards, luckily catching myself before I fell.

''Jayce.'' he sobbed wrapping his arms tighter around my neck making me bend over from my 6'3’’ to match his 5'7'' height.

''Shh.'' I wrapped my arms around his lower back and whispered comforting words in his ear.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see mine and Aiden's wolves wrapping around each other comfortably, Aiden's wolf nuzzling mine and mine burying his face into his mate's neck. They looked so happy, words couldn't explain the look. I bet Aiden and I looked the exact same at this very moment. It made me happy to know we were all together at the same time.

''I'm so scared'' Aiden whispered into my shirt.

''It's okay. I'm here now.''

''Please tell me you're real Jayce. Please..'' he begged.

''I am. I promise.'' I whispered to him in the most reassuring voice I could muster.

The questions about his location and how he is can wait. He just needs me right now and that was something I was more than willing to offer him anytime he needed me. I would always be there for my mate whenever he needed a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen or an arm to latch onto.

 --

Aiden cried for a while more before he started to sniffle back tears and calm down. Our wolves had fallen asleep by now, having snuggled up together long ago when Aiden and I decided to sit on the ground, his head in my lap and me running my hands through his hair.

''How are you here?'' he asked, shifting around to look up at me.

''I came from over there.'' I pointed to the forest in the distance.

''Usually, this part isn't here when I am.'' I continued, looking puzzled at the new environment, the darkness.

''Usually that isn't here.'' his eyes flicked in the direction of my forest.

''Well, I'm lucky it is today'' I smiled softly at my mate and he did right back at me.

We sat in silence for a while longer before Aiden looked pained but serious.

''I can't get out Jayce. I don't know how. I'm so scared.'' his eyes filled with tears again.

''Do you know where you are?'' I wiped a stray tear away.

''No. I just woke up in a cave. There's no entrance. Just a big rock wall that gets moved or maybe it’s a big door or something.'' He shook his head.

''I know. I saw.'' I spoke softly.

''So it's true. You did see when he..'' he choked back tears and turned his head away.

''Hey. Why did he do that and why wasn't Ivana doing anything about it? She said she'd protect you.'' I turned his face back to mine.

''She did. She sent the image to you so you could try and see where we were. Please help us Jayce we need to get out of there. Ivana is being used and I'm afraid that I might die.''

''Why would you die?'' I asked urgently trying to cover the worry and anger in my voice.

''She said I would. The vampire said I would.''

''She's wrong.'' I cupped his face but he was starting to fade to transparent.

''Jayce. I'm waking up'' he worried.

''Please. Please come get us! We can't get out on our own!'' he grabbed my arms.

I could hear our wolves whining nearby. They had woken up and by the looks of it, Aiden's wolf was fading too. My wolf was just as frantic as me at losing our mates again so soon.

''I'll come get you. I promise!'' I yelled as he completely faded into a breezeless wind.

I will come get you. It's a promise.

Leon's POV

''Wolfsbane...tch she's not very discreet about it is she?'' I whispered as I touched the purple powder on my guards.

How could she disobey me like this? I don't demand her to listen to my every will and command, she's my mate I would never do that, but as my mate she should understand for just this once she couldn't do something reckless. She needed to listen to me just this once and she didn't

''Luna.'' I growled stepping into the downstairs room.

I heard the click of a cell and Luna rushed out and straight up the stairs. I walked to the cell and saw the brothers smirking. I growled slamming the cell door closed and stalking up the stairs. They weren't going to tell me anything.

''Luna.'' I called, walking around the living room and the kitchen.

I heard banging above me and ran up the stairs three at a time. The noise was coming from our bedroom so I crept closer and cracked the door open slowly.

''Luna.'' I sighed in relief as she jumped startled.

 ''What are you doing?'' I asked looking at the bag on the bed with clothes half hanging from it.

''I have to go'' she continued packing things from our walk in closet beside the overly large bed she had once demanded we get.

''You have to do what? Why? What's going on?'' I asked grabbing her arms worried.

She tried to shrug me off but I grabbed her face softly and turned her to look at me.

''What's going on?'' I asked again.

''I have to get Aiden.'' she said staring straight into my eyes, her face blank.

''We're trying our hardest Lunes. I swear we are. You need to stay here and-'' she cut me off.

''No.'' she denied harshly.

I stared at her, surprised but mainly confused. Why couldn't she stay and trust us? We were trying our dammed hardest. No sleeping. No resting. Nothing consumed us more than finding her brother.

''You can't go Lunes. We need you here.''

''No. Aiden needs me there.''

''Of course I know he does but what can you do out there? He needs his sister safe here.''

She flinched at my words. Was I making her understand? She needs to stay here and be safe. If Aiden got back safely he would need Luna to be here healthy. One Alpha out there was enough. We needed her here or it would turn into chaos.

''I'm not his sister.'' she stared blankly into my eyes, emotionless, almost lifeless.

''What?''

Was this not her brother? Were we searching for the wrong guy? Some guy that wasn't even one of our own? I stared at her questioningly.

''I was born to kill him.''