Chapter 20-- The Wolf's Howl (cleaned)

Jayce's POV

I pushed through the shrubs making a path for the rest of my suddenly growing group.

''Come onHelina, you have to keep up.'' Evan helped her along the bumpy path I had made.

''You guys may not know this, but I'm not a werewolf so my stamina is so much lower than yours and generally after 6 hours of walking, tripping and running in the dark, I kind of deserve a break.'' She was panting out stuttering breaths that I knew meant she was about to pass out if we didn’t take that break.

''Okay. Guys it’s almost dawn. Let’s rest and--'' I was cut off by a loud growl in the distance.

''At least someone found lunch.'' Evan mumbled.

''I'll go get some food.'' Rhyan stood, kissed Evan on the head and disappeared into the trees.

''I'll make a fire. Winter's on its way and its starting to get cold'' I looked to Helina and Evan shivering and grabbed some branches together.

Just as I was about to put the branches in a pile between us there was a powerful howl that rang throughout the darkness, piercing through the trees.

''That's a signal howl.'' Evan stood and looked around.

''Was it from the same place as the growl from earlier?'' Helina shot her head to me.

''No. The growl was towards the cliffs a couple of kilometres away. This signal was only a few meters away.'' I got up and stood in front of Evan and Helina.

''What about Rhyan? Didn't he go that way!?'' Evan tried to push past me but I held him back.

''He's capable of dealing with anything by himself.''

''But it was a signal! There should be more!'' He cried trying again.

''Evan.'' I used my comanding tone that only a Beta and Alpha could possess and defy, making Evan lower his head submissively then surprisingly, he raised it again.

''He's my mate.'' He growled and pushed past me.

No one other than an Alpha or Beta can dismiss an order like that. That was very strange. Not even a person so absolutely in love with their mate would be able to do what he just did. Maybe it's because Rhyan is his brother and twin? I'll look into it when we get Aiden and Avery-Helina's little brother- back.

''Guys did you hear that?'' Rhyan came from the bushes to our left.

''Rhy!'' Evan ran to him and crashed his lips to his mate’s taking Rhyan by complete surprise.

''Yeah, it was close so keep on your guard.'' I looked around again as Rhyan joined our defensive circle with Evan stuck to his arm.

There was a rustling in the trees and then a man around 6 feet tall stood in front of us a few metres away. He had black hair, medium build and blue-green eyes. He wouldn't be that bad looking in all honesty if he didn't look so bored and moody.

''My  my. Little Brother will be pleased I caught my prey.'' He cocked his head to the side.

''Who are you?'' I demanded.

''I,'' he put a hand to his chest and the other behind his back.

''Am Big Brother.'' he bowed.

''Your name and pack.'' I growled at his bored expression.

''I am Big Brother for I have no name. My pack, there is no such thing in my life for all I need is Little Brother.'' he raised his head.

''And where is your Little Brother?'' I looked around trying to separate branches from leaves and shadows from darkness.

''Little Brother is not here. Little Brother is playing with his prize in the cliffs. However you shall never see his prize for he will give it to me to sell it along with you.''

''I don't think so.'' I growled.

''I do. Once you hear what Little Brother has acquired I think you shall want to hear what I shall have to say.''

''Jaycen. He and his brother are tricksters of a sort. They take joy in pain and suffering. Their howl is their signal of the Big Brother and the growl is the signal of the Little Brother. They hunt big prizes and they usually go after that 'prizes' mate or family as assurance that the 'prize' will come quietly.'' Helina stated not bothering to whisper.

''But none of us have fam- Aiden.'' I shot my head to Big Brother.

''Ding dingding. Give him a prize!'' he clapped with zero enthusiasm.

''Where is he?'' I could feel my wolf tearing at me to get out.

I can't let my wolf take over or I'll never know where Aiden is. I need Aiden. I can't wait any longer. I can feel myself getting weaker the longer I spend away from him and I bet he feels the same. Aiden, please don't be hurt. Please don't come out wolf.

'Let me out' my wolf growled.

'Not yet.'' I said back

''It's a secret'' he brought his finger to his lips.

''Tell us where Aiden is!'' Evan growled.

''Ah ahah. Calm down Mr Grumpy Gills or I might feed you to a crocodile.''

''Stop messing around and tell me where he is.'' My patience was already wearing thin and with my wolf scratching at the surface, I don't know how much longer I could hold it.

'We don't need this guy! Our mate is just north of the western cliffs! He's only a couple of kilometres away!''

'I can't take the risk that he's not there.'

''Now. When Little Brother signals me it means he's done playing and bringing the prize back. So sit tight and wait quietly like good puppies and play with each other while Big Brother plays with the prize's boy toy and the smaller one.'' he stepped closer, a disgusting look in his eye as he eyed mine and Evan's bodies.

I looked to Helina and she gave me a knowing look.

'Rhyan. Take the left.'' I commanded through the pack link.

'With pleasure.'He growled.

'Evan. Take the right'

'Yes sir.' I could just feel him mentally saluting.

'Now let me out.' my wolf commanded and I obliged.

‘It’s about time' He cheered, breaking through the barrier between me controlling my body and him.

''Today. You die.''

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

What do you guys think?? Do you want Jayce's wolf's POV next or Aiden? vote down in the comments! 

Also I need help picking a suitable person to play Jayce, Evan and Rhyan so help me out by posting some pictures on my facebook page (find the link on my profile) and make sure you write who you want them to play and the actual persons name too. I'm thinking of doing a cast list just so it isn't confusing so I kinda need actors for that haha. Thanks guys I'll pick the best one and put the picture up whenever I get my favourite or one that people like the most along with a dedication to the person who posted it. ♥ 

Comment/Vote/Fan/Follow