Chapter 22-- The Flames That Keep Us Apart (cleaned)

Aiden's POV

''My mymy you're both keeping secrets aren't you?'' The boy jumped up and down clapping.

''Like what?'' Ivana sneered.

''Hmm like your family, your abilities, your true self and who your family are truly loyal to.''

''My family is dead. I have no abilities. My name is Ivana and I'm loyal to those I owe a debt to.''

''See. You're a liar.'' He got in Ivy's face giggling.

''You little....Let us go!'' She roared, tugging on the rope that was holding us on either side of the tree.

''Why don't you tell him the truth?'' He walked to the side I was on and stared at me with awe.

''I have told him nothing but the truth.''

''Tsk. What about the fact that you are really a--''

There was a blood curdling yelp that filled the air completely silencing Little Brother. You could hear the animals surrounding us running for cover from whatever was making the noise and whatever was causing the animal to make the noise. I felt my whole body covering with goose bumps at the sound. It was one of those noises that make you sick, as if a puppy was painfully stuck someplace too small or being beaten horribly to death.

''Big Brother.'' Little Brother whispered, eyes brimming with tears.

The yelping and whimpering got quieter and quieter until a loud wail was all that was heard from it and then a growl was heard from a different wolf, one I knew from the moment I entered the Eastern Kingdom. He was the one who discovered me when I first was hunting their lands.

''Jayce.'' I gasped and starred in the direction of the growl as it echoed through the trees and bounced off the cliffs.

''NO!'' the boy screamed, dropping to his knees.

''Big Brother I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry.'' He bent over, his face now on his thighs as he let soft sobs fill the air.

I actually felt a little sorry for him. I knew from how he acted that he loved his brother dearly and would gladly lay down his life for him for any reason. It's too bad he was crazy and trying to keep me captive until his brother came to us. After he got back, God only knows what would have happened to us all.

''He's gone. Now let us go.'' Ivy tried to whisper calmly but I could sense the underlying carelessness and malice in her words. She did not feel the same about Big Brother dying.

Little Brother seemed to look at us thoughtfully before his eyes narrowed with a hate I had only seen a few times before, both with such intent to carry out any way to put the person through the most pain you could imagine; my father and the guy that strangled me, Brian. He growled and stalked over to us before he seemed to catch wind of something. He perked up and his eyes widened.

I lifted my head to sniff the air and could only smell the forest around us, small animals, rain from last night and wolves. At the smell of a wolf I tried to wriggle closer to it. I sniffed again and my senses filled with the smell of the Eastern pack. I could smell three different members and something weird, but my nose was over powered with the smell radiating off one.

It smelled woodsy but it overpowered the smell of the actual forest. It almost smelled like...home. It smelled comfortable, reliable...safe. It smelled like something that could only come from a forest surrounded by the freshness of a waterfall's stray drops mingling with the air around it. It was intoxicating and I knew it was him. I knew it was my mate and I was overwhelmed with happiness. He was coming for me like he promised.