14. Calla

It's official, I hate cold weather everything is freezing, it's 2 pm in the afternoon still it's dark outside, everything I see is covered in snow and everywhere I look is fog. I cocooned myself in my blankets and I have no plans of leaving this bed anytime soon. Dad, Rosie, Lydia and Betty made me promise, that I won't step out of this room until this blizzard settles down. 

So here I'm in my bed reading romance while snacking on my peach candies and thinking of Kostya, what is he doing now? where is he? After last night fiasco he's all I can think of. I... miss him. Alot.

Suddenly there is a knock which sounds more like a bang, it must be the lunch I ordered, I carry the blanket with me to open the door. The bang nearly rattles the door now, "Gosh coming!"

Wind gets knocked out of me, as the devil itself is standing right outside my room and the devil is panting, pale from this weather and drenched from top to bottom.

"Kostya... are you alright?"

He keeps breathing heavily and staring right into me.

" what happened to you? you are all drenched and pale."

He closes his eyes and sighs, then suddenly he is on me, he grabs me by my hair, pulling it backwards exposing my neck, erasing all  the distance between us, "No I'm not al-fucking-right, Calla. This obsession, this fixation, this infatuation with you is making me do things, insane things."

Our hearts beating loudly, our gazes locked on each other, I do see lust and hunger in his eyes but also relief for some reason, I don't move or speak afraid to break this spell. Being held by him so close brings warmth and happiness, so none of us make a move. He further rests his forehead on mine, we breathe into each other, this moment feels so intense.

After what feels like eternity, I pull back and remove his coat, suit jacket, grabbing his hand, I make him seat on the bed. Without asking any more questions, I towel dry his hair, standing between his long legs, he places his hand  on my hips. I urge him to remove his shirt and using other towel I wipe his face gently, his whole pale torso is covered in ink, his arms all the way upto fingers covered in ink. And I like them very much. Way too much.

"I uh ..I really like your tattoos. They are exquisite."

"exquisite"

His voice all deep and husky, giving me chills all over my body.

I can't stop myself from running my fingers over his inked skin, inked smooth skin.

"It gives you dangerous vibe, must've hurt alot."

His breathing hard under my touch.

"Hurt the first time then got used to needles."

"When did you got your first ink?"

He calmly stares at me, his jaw clenched, I swear he grinds his molars, his hold on my hip tightens as if the answer is going to make me run for hills, and I'm scared.

He gulps, licks his lip drawing my attention to them, "Prison"

My breathing stops altogether, did he just say, "Pri...prison?"

He slowly nods, gawking my reaction very closely, too closely.

"I was a convict for....... manslaughter"

" Man...Manslaughter?"

He nods again.

"At the age of fourteen"

Shiver runs down my spine as I try to grasp all things he said just now. And I know he is not joking at all. I open and close my mouth several times but unable to form any words.