// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖 //

hiraeth - part forty-nine

»»——⍟——««

       "Have you decided yet?"

That was all Y/n had heard the next day. Every time she approached someone, that was the first thing they'd say to her. Shin was the worst of all about it, not even bothering to hide his feelings for Y/n anymore, asking her if she wanted him to stay at her side. He had received quite the chewing out by Lord Beerus, who, hypocritically, was against the idea of Shin ignoring his responsibilities.

Y/n pinched the bridge of her nose as she tried to block out the sounds of Shin and Beerus bickering, half wondering if she should just move to some remote planet and start all over. Her thoughts were interrupted as Beerus huffed, storming up to Y/n and grabbing her by her arm.

"Come with me, mortal, before I wipe this planet out of existence," Beerus said, annoyed with Shin. Y/n looked up to the sphinx cat in surprise as he dragged her away. Beerus came to a stop once they were standing alone in a hallway, glaring down at her. "Seriously, mortal. Have you made up your mind yet? We've been here for days, and I'm not waiting around any longer."

"I'm sorry, Lord Beerus, it's just difficult—" Y/n was cut off as Beerus spoke, squinting his eyes at her.

"It's really not, it's a yes or no question. Are you staying or not?" He asked.

"I-I don't know—"

"You do know!" Beerus yelled. Y/n looked up at him with wide, startled eyes. The God sighed, scratching the back of his neck as he calmed down. "You know that you want to stay with Goku and his off spring. So stop whining about the past and stay, I'm getting sick of being roped up in your issues. Goku will be able to visit you regardless of where you go, and staying here means you'll get to see his son too. There, see, I made the decision for you—"

"It's not that easy," Y/n spoke, glaring at the floor. She clenched her fists, sighing. "I've hurt them both before. Regardless of if they've forgiven me, I've made mistakes that I can't forgive. I can't pretend that I never abandoned or manipulated them. I strung them both along, and I still continue to. I shouldn't even be around them."

"I'm not going to lie," Beerus began with a frown. "You've got issues. But I really don't care. Instead of acting like you're doing everyone a favor, just be selfish and stay. They love you anyway, they won't care."

"I thought you said you were fine with whatever decision I made because you like my cooking," Y/n spoke as she crossed her arms, glaring at Beerus. Beerus huffed, turning away.

"I don't recall ever saying such a thing. But since that's been decided, I'm fetching Whis and leaving. And I'm taking Shin with me, I don't trust him to be safe around you animals." Beerus spoke, walking away. Y/n's eyes widened, stuttering as she tried to form an argument to stop him. Her steps slowed to a stop though as she stared at Beerus, unable to say a single word. He was right. Y/n didn't want to admit it because of her self hatred, but Lord Beerus was right. Y/n was treating everyone like garbage in her attempt to protect them from any pain she may cause them. Perhaps he was right, and that she should be selfish, just this once, and stay home, where she wanted to be.

Beerus looked back at the girl with a smirk, seeing that his words had gotten through to her. Without speaking another word, Beerus left back for the living room to look for Whis and Shin. Y/n stood alone in the hall, battling with her own thoughts, trying to find any reason that she should leave. But nothing came to mind. Y/n was forced to stay on Earth and face the new difficulties of building her life back up, as well as her friendships. She knew they weren't as kind and caring as before, not after all the trouble she was causing.