6. Compromise

Ayana POV

I'm mad.

I know it seems immature to be mad but I am. I'm mad at Calvin for trying to justify the behavior of his so-called "friend." I can't expect him to understand the situation but damn.

As much as I like Calvin, this is a major red flag. I haven't talked to him in a few days and I have no intention of doing so at the moment. Every time he comes in, Sonia covers his table. He still texts me but I don't even bother reading them. I know they all say the same thing, a bullshit apology or questions that I'm not answering about my change in behavior. I don't owe him any explanation.

When I get off work, I immediately go straight home to shower and hide from the world. I get under my covers to get some much-needed sleep but there's a knock on my door.

"Who is it?!"

"Yaya it's me." Said Alondra.

"I'm not here!" I yell, pulling my blanket over my head as the slight irritation in my voice surfaces.

"What is going on with you?" She pulled the blanket off me to look into her freshly washed face.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yaya, I know you. Something is up. Something happened with Cal, didn't it?" She sits on my bed like she always does when putting her detective skills in motion.

"Nothing happened," I mumble.

She crosses her arms. "Lie to me again."

"Fine." I sit up and pull the blanket off me. "I'm not talking to Cal right now."

"Why?"

I look everywhere but her face. The anxiety I feel from her gaze is building by the second.

"Ayana Sapphire Stonebridge. What did you do?"

At that moment, my phone rings and I let it ring; already knowing who it is.

"Answer it." Instructs Alondra. "Or I will."

I grab the phone and put it on speaker. "Hello?"

"Hey. Are you home?"

"Yes. Why?" Alondra nudges me with a stern look.

"I want to see you. May I?"

Everything inside of me wants to say fuck no, go to hell but the look on my sister's face is killing me.

"Yes."

"I'm at your front door." The shock comes over us both as we look at the phone.

"At the front door?" The bell rings faintly.

"Be there in a second." I hung up the phone.
We both get off the bed and part ways. As Alondra reaches her doorway, she turns to look at me.

"Be nice."

I roll my eyes. "Yeah okay."

She shakes her head at me before going inside and closing the door.  I walk to the door and open it slowly. There stood Calvin. In a NY fitted hat with the brim close to his eyes, a T-shirt, joggers, and sneakers. I instantly got a tingling sensation between my legs looking at him.

"Hi."

"Hey."

"May I come in?"

"Sure." I open the door wider to allow him to enter.

When he walked passed me, his smell caught my attention. Refresh shower mixed with his cologne, LAWD! Once I lock the door, I have him follow me to my room.  I close and lock the door behind him and stand in front of it with my arms crossed.

"Calvin, why are you here?"

"To see you."

"You literally come to my job every day to "see me". So I don't want to hear that."

"I want to apologize."

"Yeah, right. You just want some pussy."

"I'm serious. Please give me a chance to explain." He motions to sit on the bed as he remains standing.

"Ayana, I'm sorry for upsetting you. I wasn't being considerate of you and your past."

"Damn right, you weren't! I can do without all that from you!"

"I know that. I should have been more mindful in the midst of me wanting to understand you."

I cut my eyes at him, "Don't try to smooth talk your way out of this and into me; it's not going to work." Once that last word leaves my lips, he is an inch away from my face.

"That smart ass mouth of yours is writing a check that pussy can't cash. Can I finish?" The sternness in his velvety voice brought shivers to my body. I open my mouth to speak but immediately close it knowing what he just said is true. I nod my head.

"Thank you." He moves back to his original spot. "That's why I'm here. I honestly want to understand you better. Please allow me to."

He paused for a moment as if seeing what I was going to do but I was silent. My thoughts were running wild of what he would do to me if I wasn't and a part of me wanted to experience that but I knew he would be pissed at me.

"I'm deeply intrigued by you, Ayana. I won't lie to you, it bothered me to my core how upset you were and not talking to be. I even paid Sonya to get her to get you to talk to me."

"How much she get you for?" A small giggle comes out.

"$900."

A deep laugh erupts from my gut as a try to cover my mouth with my hand. The stale, irritated look on his face was speaking volumes and immediately stopped.

"Glad to know this is amusing to you." He pauses again and looks me up and down slowly as he moves around the small toothpick in his mouth with his tongue.

"I don't want to upset you like that again but I also don't want you to feel like we can't talk. I'm here to listen, unlike your past experiences with your family. Will you allow me to do that?"

The sincerity in Calvin voice pulled on me. The depth in his brown eyes made the walls I put up collapse. I knew I couldn't stay mad at him no matter how much I wanted to. I nod my head and give him a little smile.

"Ok." His lips separate into a toothy smile. God, this man is so damn fine!

"I have something for you." He says as he pulls something out of his pocket. "Turn around."

I turn my back towards him and I feel the hardest of his body against me and something cold against my neck.

"Take a look." I get up and look into the full length mirror on my wall. It was a gold Queen Nefertiti necklace.

Calvin comes up behind me and wraps his arms around me. "Whatchu think, ma?"

His New York accent was coming up which makes my knees weak. He pressed his body into mine as he laid a few soft kisses along my neck and I knew what was next. I turned to face him and wrap my arms around his neck. He looked and smelled so damn good, I was ready to attack him.

"I love it." I kiss him softly on the lips trying to keep my composure which didn't last long once his huge, strong hands grip my ass and his fat tongue entered my mouth with a quickness.

"You're a queen and I never want you to forget that. You are worthy of the greatness in this world. I'll hold you down no matter what. As long as you allow me to. Aight?"

"Yes, Cal." He raises an eyebrow at me and I smile at him. "Yes, Daddy."

"Good." He leads me back to my bed as he takes a seat on the edge while holding onto my hand. "Now, time to make it up to me for that lil attitude you had."

I glance over him and my eyes land on the bulge in his joggers. I smirk at him as I pull my hair up into a messy bun. "Damn, I missed you."

————————

Finally a new update for y'all! I'm glad they made up but I wonder for how long and when will Ayana tell him the real reason why she not cool with her "parents"?