6

Mia was impressed.

They flew for days, hours? She wasn't sure. She lost track of time. She sat behind Neteyam. He had insisted that she ride with him. No one objected, but both Lo'ak and Kiri shared a knowing smile. She had her arms wrapped around his waist, she didn't want to fall off and die like that.

They had flown into a storm and were drenched head to toe. No one minded it though, I mean they lived in the forest, they'd surely had been drenched with rain before. Mia didn't mind, she liked the cool rainwater.

She guessed that they have arrived when they flew over the ocean. The beautiful, gorgeous sea. Metkayina people looked up and stared at them. A horn sounded when they landed. They got down onto the sand.

" Leave it," Jake told Neytiri when she grabbed her bow. She did as told. Neteyam motion to Mia to stay behind him. She did. She wasn't scared, she was rather amazed. The Metkayina people gathered to look, stare, whisper around them. Two boys came to forward. One of them made fun of their tails. Both boys laughed. A girl appeared and told them to stop.

"Hey," said Lo'ak cooly. The girl smiled.

Some creatures flew over them and landed in the water. The chief, she guessed, had come to welcome them. Tonowari exchanged 'I see you' with both Jake and Neytiri. Ronal, the wife of the chief, came forward. Another round of 'I see you'. Every one of the Sullys had to say it. Both rounds. Even Mia. Well, respect you know?

" Why have you come to us, Jake Sully?"

" We seek uturu," Jake replied, gesturing to his family, Mia included. 

"Uturu?" questioned Ronal.

 There was a heated conversation. A large tension. Ronal went to grab Neytiri's tail, then Tuk's arm while criticizing them. 

Ronal grabbed Kiri's tail.

"Ouch," Kiri said.

Ronal examined Kiri's hand. She showed Kiri's fingers.

"These children are not even true na'vi," she reported.  Loud gasps and whispers were heard. Kiri pulled her arm away.

" Yes, we are," she said, determined. Ronal did the same to Lo'ak.

"They have demon blood," she announced.

 Mia sensed that Neteyam wanted to go into protective brother mode. She braced for her turn.

" And this one," Ronal said when she saw Mia. Mia tried her best not to roll her eyes. She felt Neteyam tense up.

" This one, is definately from the sky people."

Mia sucked in a breath. She wasn't in the mood; she was a bit cranky from the trip.

" Yeah, I am," she replied. It was the truth. Everyone was staring at her now.

" What are you doing here?" Ronal asked harshly.

" Don't worry, tsahik. I'm not here to bring those idiots to your clan," she replied with an irritated tone. Jake flinched. Her reply was a bit too harsh then intended.

" Brave, " Ronal commented.

" Thank you," she smiled sarcasticly. 

" But I can sense some stubborness," Ronal added. Mia didn't answer.

" Look, look at me," Jake held up his fingers," I was born of the sky people and now I am na'vi, you can adapt, we will adapt."

Ronal went back to talk to the couple. A harsh exchange from both females. Mia found it interesting.

" This is not our war," said Tonowari.

Jake replied pleadingly," I've done my war, ok? I just want to protect my family."

Jake carried Tuk in his arms now.

" Uturu has been asked," growled Neytiri.

Ronal and Tonowari had a moment of silent communication. Finally, Ronal gave her permission.

" What do we say?" asked Jake to Tuk.

" Thank you," breathed Tuk. The rest muttered their thanks.

Tonowari told his people to teach them so that they will not feel the shame of being useless. Mia rolled her eyes.

" My son Aonung and our daughter Tsireya will teach your kids our ways."

Aonung looked at his father, " Father why-"

" It is decided," Tonowari told his son sternly.

" Come, I will show you our village," Tsireya said enthusiastically.