11

" Hey"

Mia turned to the voice. She finally had time to practice her skills after the fight. Both Neteyam and Lo'ak were lectured by their father and Lo'ak was sent off to ' make peace' with Aonung and his friend eventhough they had apologized earlier. 

" Neteyam?" she smiled. Neteyam strolled towards her.

" How are you, after you know," Mia asked as she kept her things. Neteyam shrugged. Mia patted his shoulder and sat on the ground. He did the same.

" Thanks again," Neteyam turned to her.

" Hmm?"

" The fight? You stopped it," he smiled.

" Yeah, someone had to stop them before Lo'ak pulled the chief's son's ear off," she smirked.

They both laughed. 

" We should probably head back, it's getting late," she sighed. It was getting darker by the second. She stood up the same time he did, her legs still lazy and tangled, and stumbled. He caught her, his hands around her, her hands on his chest. She blushed, feeling embarrassed, flustered and a bit of shock. 

" Sorry," she mumbled. She looked up at him, still leaning on his chest. He was staring at her. She locked eyes with him, an instinct move. She didn't mean too, really. She felt butterflies in her stomach. She knew this was silly, but she never felt like this before.

Neteyam stared deep into her eyes. Those beautiful eyes that seemed to shine when she smiled. Her face, that pretty face. It was true, he had to admit that she was one of the most prettiest girls he ever met or seen. Probably the prettiest.

Mia looked away and blushed, feeling all silly and flustered. The butterflies stayed in her stomach. She could feel her face burning. Neteyam chuckled.

" What?" she asked, not looking at him. 

" Your face is all red," he smirked, " Are you that flustered?"

" Shut up, forest boy," she tried keeping her voice strong but she was sure she failed. She stared at his chest, looking at his necklace, examining the details.

" Enjoying the view?" 

She rolled her eyes and smacked him on the chest once.

" Don't flatter yourself, I was looking at your necklace."

Weirdly, she didn't let go of him, nor did he of her. They stayed in that position until the sky turned dark. It was silent, none of them talked.

" We should get back," she cleared her throat. He nodded, his arms still wrapped around her.

" Um, Netey- what are you doing?!" a voice demanded. Mia quickly pushed away from him, and he let go of her. She blushed again. They stood, facing Aonung.

" Nothi- what do you want Aonung?" she said quickly. Aonung walked towards them, his expression once angry changed to hesitant.

"Uh, um, I..."

" Out with it, Aonung," Neteyam demanded harshly.

" I tricked Lo'ak into going out of the reef and we left him there but he hasn't returned, it was supposed to be a joke but..." Aonung explained nervously.

" You what?!" Neteyam exclaimed shoving Aonung. Mia turned to the ocean worriedly. Neteyam dragged Aonung to the Marui and demanded for Aonung to tell Jake. Mia quickly placed her things back and ran to Neteyam.

" I'll get my ilu and search around," she informed. She called her ilu before diving in and mounting the creature. Glowing yellow fish circled her ilu, making it easier to see. She was worried but couldn't help thinking about earlier.

What was she feeling? She didn't know.