9

" Mia!"

Tuk ran after the older girl. After explaining a few hours ago, she rested a while as the visions made her weak. Now, she wanted to do something...progressive. Like training.

Mia strolled quickly to a place with fewer people so she could practice. She liked practicing alone, with no disturbance but as soon as she left the marui pod, Tuk had ran after her. Mia didn't mind having the younger girl around, but she rather not expose all these violent things to her.

" Mia, wait!" Tuk called. Mia slowed and turned. Tuk ran to her.

" Mia, Mia! Where are you going?"

" I'm just going to um...practice."

" Practice what?"

" Uh...um...singing?"

Mia smiled weakly at the younger girl, hoping her poorly made-up reason could make Tuk feel bored and go swim or play with her siblings.

" Can I hear you sing, please?"

" Uh, sure!"

Mia sighed. She wasn't thinking when she answered. Guess she have to postpone the practice to another day. And learn some vocals too.

Mia sat on the smooth sand near the crystal-clear water. She straightened her legs. Tuk sat beside her, copying her movements while staring at her.

" Sing Mia, sing!"

" Um...let's see, what songs do we have."

Mia occasionally listened to songs while she worked. When she was working in the lab, she had a radio next to her always. When she was practicing, she'd wear her earphones which were connected to a song player. She knew her songs well, word to word, rhythm to rhythm and now, she was going to have to use that skill.

Mia breathed. And then started.

Song: All is found by Evan Rachel Wood

"Where the north wind meets the sea,

There's a river full of memory,

Sleep, my darling, safe and sound,"

Tuk cuddled close to Mia.

"For in this river all is found,

In her waters, deep and true,

Lie the answers and a path for you,"

MEANWHILE...

Neteyam was worried.

How was Mia feeling? Was she alright? Did she need anything? What was she doing?

He felt himself thinking about her every second. It was like she was imprinted on his mind. His heart fluttered when he thought of her. Why was he feeling like this? He didn't know. He checked the marui pod and she wasn't there. He ran towards the group.

" Have you guys seen Mia?" he asked his siblings who were with Tsireya, Rotxo and Aonung.

" No, why?" Tsireya asked him.

" She's missing, I can't find her,"

" She probably just went for a swim, she'll be fine," Lo'ak reasurred.

" Tuk's missing too," Kiri announced. Everyone stared at her now.

" She isn't with your parents?" Rotxo asked. Kiri shook her head.

" They probably are together, Tuk has a deep affection for Mia anyways," Lo'ak shurruged.

" I'm still worried, what if something happened to them?" Neteyam paced back and forth. Aonung looked at him, thinking.

" I think we should look for them," Aonung said, standing. He gestured a 'come' motion to Neteyam.

Lo'ak sighed.

" Me and Tsireya will look left, Kiri and Rotxo will swim around and you and Aonung can go right, kay?"

Everyone nodded and left. Aonung ran quickly with Neteyam behind him. 

" Mia?"

" Tuk?"

Soon they came to a place with fewer people. They heard a female singing. Neteyam motion to Aonung to be silent before crouching down. He peeked over a large boulder. And there he saw the girl he fell for.

Mia was just finishing the song as Tuk slept peacefully on her lap. Mia smiled; the song always worked. It was the same song her mother had sung to her when she was younger. Mia stood carefully with Tuk's head on her shoulder as she carried the young girl. She turned to walk back and frozed.

 Neteyam smirked when he saw her expression. He had come out from his hiding spot and stood in front of the boulder. Aonung was leaning on the large rock, smilling smugly.

" How long have you been here? What did you hear?" she asked quickly as she walked towards the two boys.

Neteyam laughed. Mia swatted him on the shoulder.

" I'm serious!"

" Nothing!"

" I don't believe you!"

Aonung was laughing loudly, she walked towards him, careful not to wake Tuk. 

" Tell me, Aonung," she warned," or I'm going to use both of you for archery targets."

Aonung held his arms up in surrender. Neteyam didn't like the distance between Aonung and Mia. He felt jealous, he knew this was stupid, but...

" We just heard part of the song you were singing!" Aonung admited when Mia hit him on the chest. Neteyam tensed up.

" What! You- you what?!"

" It's true, ask Neteyam if you don't believe me!" Aonung laughed. Mia spun to Neteyam.

Neteyam nodded, " Yeah, and by the way, you have a beautiful voice."

Mia frozed and blushed. Neteyam smirked when he saw her flustered face. 

" You're an idiot, both of you! Skxawngs!"

" Aww, don't be shy, princess!" Aonung teased. Mia pushed him playfully.

" Gross, don't call me that,"

Aonung smirked. He was going to, definately. Neteyam felt like punching Aonung in the face and pushing him away from her. Far away from her.

Mia sighed. She grabbed her bag of weapons she had brought when she wanted to practice. She strolled towards their marui pod. Both boys stared dumfounded at the weapons. She turned to them.

" You coming or what?"