Chapter 2: Preparations

After Sensei and the Maids' visit, Serina woke me up early to have breakfast. We also did a brief checkup, it was then she suggested to start my rehabilitation.

It was a hard at first since I kept falling down after a few steps but with steady progress, I managed to walk a few meters without any guard rails.

During free time, Sensei visited me again but this time he gave me a present. Feeling excited, Sensei left the room for a bit before returning with a remote controlled wheelchair. He told me to use it until I've fully regained my ability to walk to which I happily accepted his gift.

When I first tried it I was surprised at first from the sudden movement from the input of the controller. It took a while for me to get used to it but it was quiet a good experience.

During the remaining of Sensei's visit hours, Sensei accompanied me to stroll around the hospital perimeters, to which Serina suggested this since she doesn't want to to stay cooped up inside my room.

"I had spoken with Serina about your condition, it seems that you'll be discharged in 3 days." Sensei notifies me.

"That quick?" I respond. Since being blasted and shot multiple times, I thought I would be discharged for a few more months. Then again, my progress in walking had gotten better from a few steps to walk for at least 4 minutes top.

"Oh, right. Students normally get discharged within a few days unless they're condition is serious. In your case, your have been in a coma for a week and your regeneration is slowed down due to your cracked halo. But you should be back to normal before you get discharged." Sensei explained.

"So does that mean I can walk again in three days?" I curiously asked.

"Well..." He paused as he thought his words carefully, "You can still walk but... only for short distances."

"I see..." As I said that Sensei looked at me with concern. "At least I get to use your gift as long as I want, right? Sensei~" I said trying to not make him worry.

"I guess you're right. I sometimes forget your age despite how mature you talk." Sensei flashed a grin before patting my head.

After they had given me a name, Sensei also filled in my citizenship behind the scenes. He also assumed my age based on appearance so on paper I'm currently 12 years old and don't belong to any academy, at least for now.

"I'm not a kid!" I retort as it's been troublesome lately been pampered too much from other because of my current look.

"Right, right~" He mused as we continued until Serina tells us that visiting hours had ended and it's time for my lunch.

After Sensei left, I followed Serina while I used the remote control to move the wheelchair behind her. She occasionally looks back at me, making sure I'm not left behind, until we've returned to my room. The food was already prepared and it was more vegetables, bite sized meat and a cup of rice.

After eating lunch, Serina told me I'm free to do whatever I want so long as I don't leave the hospital, Of course I spent my time testing out this wheelchair of mine.

"Hehehe..." I drove my wheelchair while letting out a small gremlin laugh.

...

While it's convenient that I don't need to push it on my own and moving place to place is faster since I kept having fun zooming around all over the place, my butt still felt a bit uncomfortable for having to be in a sitting position for a long time. Despite all that...

"Wee~" I mused as I've been secretly racing my wheelchair behind the hospital building where people rarely visit.

As I've mostly been going in circles, I felt a little dizzy so I stopped for a bit.