Chapter 4: Entrance Exam

Going down the elevator, Sensei and I were making our way to the classroom, we had just eaten breakfast together with the Arius squad. Except with Saori and Azusa as they left earlier before we had arrived.

Atsuko told me hey had prior engagements, Azusa needs to catch up with Trinity lessons and Saori is doing her part-time work in various places. It's too bad that I haven't properly talked to them.

I didn't have much a good impression on them either so leaving things as is would've left a sour taste in my mouth.

Even though I haven't talked much with them, Atsuko thoughts it's a good chance to set up a chance to get to know them better as she gave me their Momo Talk numbers along with sharing mine with them.

I'm very grateful for that as I don't have much any courage to asks a girl's phone number.

'I'm a girl now so I should start getting used to talking to them.' I thought to myself as Sensei opened the door to the classroom.

Upon turning on the lights, as the only light source were coming from the other side of the glass walls, and through the halls going to the audio-visual room, Sensei grabbed the remote from underneath the teacher's desk and turned on the giant screen TV.

I opened the storage compartment from behind my chair as I rolled towards Sensei so he can easily reach it. As he took all the study materials which I'm about to learn, Sensei placed all the Blue-Ray disks with varying colors for their cover. All of which had the Millennium logo as the color were separated from white, blue, gold and purple.

"Okay, Kodou-chan. Are you excited?" Sensei mused.

"About what?" I tilted my head. I mean we're probably just watch some videos so what's there to be excited about?

Hearing my answer, he sighed awkwardly as my reaction was different from what he'd expect. So instead of feeling down, he casually took a disk from the white cover before inserting it to the TV and smiled.

"You've spent you're entire life cooped up inside a gloomy place, so I thought I could show you the joy of being a student. It may be unfamiliar to you but I assure you learning something new is a rewarding experience."

As he sat back behind the desk, he set his gaze towards me. "So how about it?", he asked me again.

Looking back at it, I try to remember my previous life. My memories were usually hazy but I can still get the grasps of things based on their context.

From what I learned I was pretty much average and had little to no friends. I never had to go out and hang out thinking it would be a waste of my time.

School was no exception, a boring monotone schedule where I only learned what I needed to pass the school year. I never had any great teachers as they only say on what's on the curriculum. I never had any choice to learn on what I want and expect as the subjects that I first thought interesting were just memorizing what you've been told and never use most of those knowledge again.

... Learning for the sake of passing...

The idea of skipping school became an option as my teacher only bothered on attendance rather than the overall learning progress of the class. Those who managed to get by themselves get dragged down by others who wanted to get the easy way out.

...The smart students gets used while the copy cats get higher grades than them...

I never had the fun experience as a student, much less having a meaningful learning experience. My only saving grace were anime as it's much more fulfilling as I get to talk with others with the same interest and talk about the story.