Perfect jars (Wally x reader)

Wally sighed having to clean up the huge mess he made. During his painting, he bumped into the table that held all his glass jars that he filled with water, to wash his paint brushes in. They all fell and it was a huge crash of glass and water. Now he was stuck all alone to clean the mess. At least he didn't have to worry about any guests stepping into any glass, or slipping. Even if there were guests, he would insist they pull up a chair, and relax while he took care of everything.

Well now that the mess was all cleared up, he could get some replacements from the cabinet. Maybe he had some spares. A quick replacement and it was back to painting. When he reached up, he swept his hand around, but the shelf was empty. No jars? Well that's no good. It looks like a trip to Howdy's was in order. Wally removed his smock hanging it up, and grabbed a bag. Maybe he could get something to make for dinner while he was out.

~~~~~

As Wally was on his way, you were picking up a few craft supplies. A thick red silk ribbon caught your eye, and felt like it was perfect for wrapping. You loved adding some razzle dazzle to your gifts to the Home residents. Usually you had a color of ribbon for everybody that matched their favorite color, except the most social one of them all. Or at least you assumed he was social considering how he always acted around you. You tossed it into the basket, and walked up to the counter.

Howdy was more than happy to see you, but then saw the enormous box you brought along with you. Before bagging anything, Howdy looked into the box, with a grin. "Looks like you brought me some more help, Neighbor." He said nodding.

"Yep. All twelve of the jars are washed and dried, ready for recycling." You said placing the shopping basket on the counter. Just as you did your sweetest resident walked in, and saw you. He locked eyes, and his face lit up. So sweet. "Hi Wally."

"H-Hello, neighbor." He said rubbing the back of his head. His eyes then saw the jars that Howdy was collecting. "Are you really buying all those jars?"

You couldn't help but giggle. "No, I'm turning them all in." You explained. His eyes turned quickly to Howdy.

"Wait! Stop." You and Howdy focused all your attention to him. He held his bag up with a pleading look on his face. "Can I have one?" He asked hoping for a bit of charity. You couldn't resist such a face. "My water jars I use for paintbrushes broke, and I ran out."

You nodded and playfully ruffled his hair. "I'll tell you what. I'll donate half to Howdy, and send the other half home to you as a gift. Is that okay?" He nodded excitedly.

Howdy moved them to a smaller box to make it more convenient for him to carry home. "I'll hold them here, till you're ready to head out, okay Wally?" He nodded and went to gather other groceries

At that moment your brain hatched an idea. "Howdy, leave one of the jars out. I have an idea."

~~~~~

By the time Wally had all his groceries bagged, Neighbor was long gone. Thankfully Howdy gave Wally a smaller box taped up for easy lifting. He carried the groceries home, and got busy putting the groceries away. Once that was done, he unboxed Neighbors jars. So nice. He loved Neighbor so much. Always giving gifts. When he opened the box his thoughts were confirmed. Neighbor left a little note.

"Wally, apologies one of the jars is full. Hope you don't mind. With love, Neighbor"

The "with love" portion nearly sent his head spinning. "Neighbor. Why would you bring in a full jar for recycling? Silly, silly." He chuckled to himself. He placed four of the jars in the cabinets, and pulled out the last two. He placed the empty one next to the sink to fill with water, and checked the last one. The filled one had a thick red bow around it. On the top was a second note.

"For my Wally."

Unscrewing it, he checked inside. His face grew red seeing individually wrapped chocolates. Chocolates in a jar for him? He clutched the jar to his chest hearts dancing around his head. It was hard not to faint.

"Oh, neighbor... I love you."