Executioner (Loki)

This one takes place during The Dark World after Loki gets stabbed and fake-dies (except he forreal gets stabbed)

Loki slams open the doors to the throne room, gritting his teeth as he limps into the room. Every step, every breath is an excruciating reminder of the pain in his abdomen, his stomach, his back. He's been stabbed many times before, but this is so, so much worse.

Odin is pacing the throne room, deep in thought, but the sight of his so-called son makes him pause.

"Loki," he whispers, eyes wide with... Shock? Awe? Fear?

"Are you satisfied now?" Loki growls.

"What?"

"Your carelessness killed Frigga. Your arrogance drove Thor to treason. You have nobody left." He shakes his head, an insincere smile growing on his lips. "Nobody but me."

Odin takes a cautious step away from him. "Why are you here, Loki?"

"You brought this on yourself, you know," Loki continues. "While you were sitting here and twiddling your thumbs, Thor came to me for help. He never would have let me out if you had listened to him. You–" He cuts himself off with a groan, clutching at the wound in his abdomen. That hurts. That really, really hurts.

"Loki, let us sit down," Odin says. "We can talk about this."

"No!" Loki grits his teeth, and his anger is all that's stopping him from succumbing to the pain. "No, you cannot talk your way out of this! You had centuries to let me talk and you never did. Why should I give you the satisfaction now?"

Odin takes a deep breath. "What is it that you want, Loki?"

"You know exactly what I want," Loki growls. "If I am going to die today, I am not dying alone." He conjures his dagger, slicing it through the air and holding it down by his side.

Odin glances around nervously. "Guards!"

Loki barks a laugh. "The guards are not going to save you now." He made damn sure of that.

With a burst of magic, all the doors to the throne room slam closed, locked firmly into place. Nobody gets in; nobody gets out. Not until this is over.

"Loki!" Odin shouts. "Enough of this nonsense!"

Loki flicks a hand in his direction, and Odin is thrown back into the throne, his head snapping back at the sheer force of it. He struggles to free himself, but to no avail. Loki has him right where he wants him.

He limps up to the throne, pain radiating through his body with every step, but he hardly feels it through his rage. He's been waiting for this day for years, and it couldn't have come at a better time.

"Look at me," Loki growls. He grabs Odin by the collar and pulls him closer. "I want you to look into my eyes and understand that you made me. You brought this on yourself."

Loki slices his knife across Odin's neck, digging well beyond the skin and deep into the muscle. Odin gasps, hands instinctively reaching for his throat, and Loki lets him, throwing his body back against the throne. Every grunt, every groan, every strangled breath is music to his ears as he watches Odin's life force fade away.

And then there's silence.

The Allfather is dead.

The energy that's been coursing through Loki's veins – the adrenaline; the anger; the desperation – begins to dissipate as it starts to set in that he really did this. He really killed Odin. He's gone, dead, never to come back. He'd thought it would be a relief. In reality, he just feels...