1.3 Blood

I decided to go outside to possibly clear my mind. I was walking alone in the forest near my home without going too far away from it. The sky was nearly cloudless and it was quite warm. It was just me and the sounds of nature until I noticed a not-so-pleasant presence.

"Good morning child", I heard my father's voice say from behind me.

"What do you want?" I got straight to the point.

"Oh, what's got you in such a mood?" He was annoying me on purpose

"Well you obviously didn't come just to bully me so get to the point", right after saying that I started to feel weak. My legs were trembling and soon enough they gave up on me as everything turned dark.

After waking up I found myself in my room. Someone had brought me here. I noticed that Fishy was sitting next to me and he also noticed that I had woken up. My head hurt as well as my throat felt painfully dry. While looking at my clock I noticed it hadn't been more than 20 minutes since I went outside.

"What happened, you look horribly pale, are you alright?" Fishy bombed me with questions. His genuinely worried look surprised me.

"My head hurts like hell", I whined like a little kid.

"Well no wonder, you haven't eaten anything today", Fishy mentioned.

That made me realize I haven't had blood in a while so I got up and went to our kitchen. It turns out Dawn hadn't gone 'shopping' in a while so we didn't have any but there happened to be some other stuff that my mother had said to work as well. I don't have that many good memories with this substitute but I guess they don't matter at the moment.

I decided to go and tell Dawn about it so this wouldn't happen again in a worse situation. After entering her room I noticed the absence of my father which was rather unusual since when he visits he stays for at least an hour or two not 20 minutes. Thanks to my curiosity I asked about it.

"Turns out he had more important things to do, he went to go look for something special", Dawn spoke some gibberish or that's what it sounded like at first.

"Wait, where did he exactly go?" I asked a supplementary question.

"I think he mentioned something about that forest you go to often, now leave I'm busy", She answered.

I wasn't sure why or where exactly but I knew that I had to stop him from doing whatever it was he was doing. I basically ran the whole way, ignoring the pain I felt due to my weak body, because it was only a matter of time until I was too late. It felt like there was someone else in my mind telling me where to go like some navigator. I may not recall any memories of this place my mind brought me to but it still felt weirdly familiar. There, I found my father near the cave entrance with the crystal on his staff glowing.

I yelled for his name to get his attention which he gave to me really quickly. His neck almost snapped to look at my direction with an annoyed shock on his face. His eyes were wide open but his brows were furrowed. It felt like time suddenly skipped a few hours since it was already dark making H's eyes glow red. Maybe they actually did glow and it's not just the lighting.

"What do you want?" My father demanded answers for my sudden presence.

"To stop you", I answered trying to sound intimidating but my fear still could be seen through the cracks.

"Do you even know why I'm doing this?"

"I don't even know what you are doing",

"To destroy this world of course", he said scarily calmly like he has done this before and is sure about everything that's going to happen in the near future. It gave me the shivers. He sounded like some cliche super villain. "There is so much you still don't understand about this world but I'm sorry for the following".

My heart was beating like crazy almost as if these were my last seconds on this earth. H pointed his staff at me and suddenly the world around me started to spin as I could feel my legs give up under me.

"Isn't it crazy how without me this world wouldn't exist", he laughed.

I felt pain bigger than what I could ever imagine. It felt as if someone was crushing my bones with their bare hands but as much as I tried to scream and cry, no sound came out of me. My breathing became stiff until I couldn't breathe at all. My body became numb as I could feel the world turning completely dark. Maybe I could have protected myself, if my crystal never broke. 

10 year old me completely helpless on the ground shaking from the horrendous pain going through my tiny body as my crystal broke for the first time. I had no one. No one to help me. No one to get comfort from. They were all dead. If only I had been stronger. Is this my fate?

Helloooo sorry for not uploading for a bit since I've been really busy and I have worked on other projects too. If anyones interested in seeing those then my Ig is Someone_.Fishy and tiktok Someone_f1shy. Anyways hope yall enjoyed this one, I'm always acepting of any critique if you have any