𝟖 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞

After that night, Zoro has been avoiding her, and he's not even being subtle about it. The moment he walks into a room, and sees her, he walks away with any explanation.

And Misaki can't deny that it hurt, it hurt her so bad that he's not acknowledging her presence. She can't stop lying to herself no more, she has fallen for him, badly.

She thought he felt the same, and the two nights they spent together got her hopes up. Misaki honestly thought that they would be together, like a couple. But with the way he's acting towards her recently, made her think differently.

Misaki can't help but think that maybe it's her fault, maybe she just wasn't good enough for him. That's the most logical reason for all this, that would explain why he's ignoring her completely.

As for Zoro, he does have feelings for her, he always have. Since the first time they saw each other, there has always been this attraction between them.

But there's only one problem coming between them, and that her father.

His hands and mouth gripped his swords, beads of sweat rolled down his chest. Zoro cursed under his breath as fear kicked in. His breathing getting heavier as he remembers what Mihawk told him a few days ago.

"I saw the way you look at my daughter, Roronoa." Mihawk said, making eye contact with the green haired man. "It's not gonna happen."

Zoro tried to hide his disappointment, but he couldn't, Mihawk saw right through it.

"If you really do like her," Mihawk began. "Then stay away from her. If I find out you did anything to her, like kiss her or even worse, have sex... you'll never see her again."

Zoro just can't let that happen, he wants to see her again, but he also knows that what he's doing right know, might ruined his relationship with her.

His eyes narrowed, swinging one of his swords around as more sweat roll down his muscular body. His face turned to the side as he looked at the older man in front of him.

Mihawk is making sure that Zoro kept that promise. He's doing this because he doesn't want his daughter to suffer a heartbreak, not again.

Last time, Misaki couldn't bring herself up from her breakup with one of Shanks' men. She would cry for over a month, and that really concerned not only him, but everyone else, too.

It was one of the hardest things he had ever watched because he couldn't do anything to help her with the pain. Although, Mihawk knows that part of growing up, that doesn't make it any easier.

With a small nod, Mihawk stepped back and walks away. He made his way back to the castle, hoping to find Misaki somewhere. He hadn't seen her in a while, and it's starting to worry him.

Mihawk raised his soft, knocking gently on the door of his daughter's room. He knocked two more times, and waited for a quick response, no he didn't get one.

His brows furrowed, confusion obviously in his features. "I know you're in there." He knocked again, louder this time. "Open up."

Misaki hesitated a bit, and rolled off her bed with a soft sigh. She quickly wiped off the tears from her face, hoping that her father wouldn't notice it. Even though, she knows he is.

She turned the doorknob to the side, opening the door of her room. "What is it, dad?" Misaki asked, her gaze meeting with his.

He shook his head, leaning against the doorway. Mihawk stayed silent for a while, his eyes examining her face. "Just checking in on you."

Misaki nodded her head, letting out a soft hum as she pressed her lips together in a thin line. She saw his mouth open, as if he wanted to say something more.

He glanced over her shoulder, getting a glimpse of her sword. It was lying down on the bed next to the sheath. Mihawk looks at her, "You're leaving?"

"Yeah." She nodded her head with a soft smile spread across her face. Misaki crossed her arms over her chest. "I'm kind of getting bored of staying here... but it was nice taking a break from all this."

"Alright." He replied, stepping aside as she went to grab her things. "I'm not gonna stop you from doing that." Mihawk added, "You do you, but be careful. I don't want you to end up like Fire Fist Ace."

"Got it, dad." She told him, her eyes holding a sense of sadness as an image of Ace flashed in her mind. "And don't worry, I won't die."

"Okay, then." Mihawk smiled at her, and pats her head. He retreated his hand, making his way towards the kitchen. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

A slight church left her lips, as her brows creased at that. "Are you sure I'm should follow that, dad?"

"Yes, you should." He glanced over his shoulder as his lips curled into a smirk. "And while you're at it, I don't want to be a grandad, I'm too young for that shit."

"Yeah?" She laughs, and place both her hands on her hips. "Well, I'm too young to have kids, so don't worry about that."

"Good." He said, and with that, he walks away from there, quite eager to sit down and drink his favorite wine.

Misaki dropped her smile, stepping into her room and closed the door. She wasted no time and put the sheath on her waist and place her sword in there.

She already said goodbye to Perona earlier, and it went surprisingly good. The first time Misaki told Perona about leaving, she didn't seem to like it for some reason.

Perona even came up with excuses as to why she shouldn't leave. But obviously all her efforts didn't work, because here Misaki is, walking out of the castle.

Though, the only things bad about this, is that Zoro is training in the front. His head snapped towards his direction, their eyes immediately meeting in an intense eye contact.

But it only lasted for a few seconds because she looked away. Her grip on her sword tightened, and walks past him without saying a word.

Zoro's eyes opened wide, a feeling of dread spread all over his body as he saw her leaving. He quickly dropped his weapons, ready to go after her, but a hand on his shoulder stopped him.

He glanced up to see who it was, and it was Mihawk. The older man shook his head, signaling Zoro to not go after her and said one simple word. "Don't."

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

❥𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐝

❥𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐝...